Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2022, 02:39 PM   #1

New RXB 250

Well, it’s here…. Or at least on the Orion site. It’s all black to look at, and boasts EFI. According to them , the pics posted do not show the EFI unit, because they changed their minds after the pics were shot. According to them, they have a live stream on Bookface to tell you about the EFI, but myself, I don’t mess with that place……. Guess we will just see. The bike itself looks the same, other than it looked better last year with various graphics. Kinda bland all one color…….

Old 04-15-2022, 07:41 PM   #2

Hey whats this Bookface.lol

Old 04-17-2022, 09:06 AM   #3

If what they're proposing is true this is going to give potential KLX* or CRF*L buyers something to think real hard about. A bike that's maybe 75% of a KLX300 for ~30% of the price? Sure, a KLX is more powerful and grants you access to an actual dealer network, but it's also heavier and will run you at least $8000 out the door these days.

Hopefully, as is tradition, the same bike more or less will be available elsewhere (X-Pro? Nicot direct, pretty please?) so people can have an alternate means of getting one without dealing with Orion.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:43 PM   #4

@ Zero, what's the problem with Orion?

Old 06-07-2022, 07:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEd View Post
@ Zero, what's the problem with Orion?
they can be a bit shady. I bought 2 bikes from them. 1 arrived with zero issues. The second (250) had obviously been dropped in transit. They were less than willing to do much about it.

I have a bogus FB account just to have access to marketplace, and joined their FB group. They started advertising a new Ascerbis high capacity tank for this 2020 model, so in the same thread I pointed out that others had already bought tanks from RMATVMC, and even pointed them to the exact tank some here had bought. They claimed it wouldn't fit, so I showed them pictures of the tank on bikes already and they deleted the entire thread by the next day.

That's just plain disingenuous.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadToad View Post
they can be a bit shady. I bought 2 bikes from them. 1 arrived with zero issues. The second (250) had obviously been dropped in transit. They were less than willing to do much about it.

I have a bogus FB account just to have access to marketplace, and joined their FB group. They started advertising a new Ascerbis high capacity tank for this 2020 model, so in the same thread I pointed out that others had already bought tanks from RMATVMC, and even pointed them to the exact tank some here had bought. They claimed it wouldn't fit, so I showed them pictures of the tank on bikes already and they deleted the entire thread by the next day.

That's just plain disingenuous.
I am leaning towards the new fuel injected RBX but also like the RX4.....what to do? LOL

Old 06-08-2022, 07:49 AM   #7

Business practices aside, the bikes themselves are solid. If you order it with pro prep, it's pretty unlikely you'd get a bike with major issues since they will have done the oil changes and heat cycled it. The only thing that could happen after that would be in shipping.

I love my 2020 RXB 250L. Drive it pretty much every day.

Old 06-08-2022, 11:32 AM   #8

I asked them if it was street legal, they said contact the dmv.....sounds like no, or at the least a huge headache to do here in Colorado.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:02 PM   #9

there should be a street legal version (the "L" version.) But yes, every DMV is a bit different. I went through a few hoops with mine because the manufacturer was not in the FL DMV database. Plus, they require the displacement be on the MCO, and it was no where on mine. I actually had to fake it in.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:33 AM   #10

I'm leaning towards the RBX 250L. It has everything I want with the exception it isn't guaranteed to be able to be licensed in most states. Washington is pretty easy in terms of putting plates on dirt bikes so for me that isn't an issue.

I will change the tires right out of the gate because I'm going to use it on the street much more than most of the target audience and I'll lower the bike so that I can get both feet down.

But the things I like vs. the new LiFan.

* It is 50lbs lighter!
* There are solid options by Joe Henner for getting more power out of the engine & suspension help if needed. He evidently was involved in the EFI selection too so there may be some EFI tuning available too.
* Price - Cheaper by enough to matter.