Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2022, 08:28 PM   #1

Japanese plastic on a Chinese bike

I came across a few different Japanese bike plastics for sale, and I was wondering if any will fit a 2022 Hawk 250 DLX ? Also, are there any rims off of Japanese bikes that I can use on it??

My bike arrived 2 days ago, and I just changed out the break in oil which was a lighter amber lie a pilsner beer and when it drained out it was muck darker. I am glad I changed that out first! I also put the 30mm bar risers on today as well.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Jim

Old 09-17-2022, 11:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhutch2115 View Post
I came across a few different Japanese bike plastics for sale, and I was wondering if any will fit a 2022 Hawk 250 DLX ? Also, are there any rims off of Japanese bikes that I can use on it??

My bike arrived 2 days ago, and I just changed out the break in oil which was a lighter amber lie a pilsner beer and when it drained out it was muck darker. I am glad I changed that out first! I also put the 30mm bar risers on today as well.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Jim
I doubt it. Besides, I'm sure most of the Japanese plastics are probably made in China anyway. The only really bad plastics were very early on (2006?) like on my old X-moto. Hard, brittle, thin, cracked easily. Today's plastics are every bit as good as what's on my DRZ400.

Regarding the rims, not sure why you'd want to change them. Only some of the very earliest renditions of China bikes had spokes that pulled through, unless there's been something more recent I'm not aware of. I've never had an issue with any of my China bike rims. My advise would be to check the spokes (like any bike) and go have fun!

Good move on the oil. First thing I do after unboxing.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #3

The reason I asked about the plastics there is some for sale on FB market and also for the rims it's just good to know what other options I have and it's easier to switch out rims than tires, so I could have dedicated offroad tires on rims and then dedicated enduro tires on another set of rims. I live near the only place in CT where you can ride motorcycles on state land and the terrain can get quite rough from what I have seen of the trail. Thanks for the post ! JIm

Old 09-17-2022, 04:21 PM   #4

www.yoycart.com

Old 09-17-2022, 04:51 PM   #5

As for plastics...sadly, probably ain't gonna happen without some creativity, and a little money to burn. A good friend of mine is the distributor for UFO plastics here in the USA, and we have already gone through this, sadly. Alot of theses companies buy up, old, non profit turning molds from bikes gone by. Then, hack them up, reform them into desired shapes and what not, therefore, eliminating any chance of an actual aftermarket copy. However, some of these "molds", we will refer to them as that, have products "cloned" from them by other China bike outfits. Essentially, China companies are now cloning themselves. Cheaper, Yes!!! Lame, and sad, that's obvious. Chase the dollar......