Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #16

well, mate, did you get onto this forum expecting to be told to use a mechanic?

the best in that department, since you don t know one, would be to find someone who works on pitbikes and ATVs. they understand the chinese scene.
OR spend all that money on tools and develop the know-how. that s why many here have several bikes, some to use, others to fix. that reduces the frustration factor and, well, it is fun. but i agree, if you don t have time right now that wont work for you.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #17

Yeah it could be fun Zingshoen
Great to have been told about this forum
Going to do a few checks on the bike myself today

Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #18

Welcome to here, Overlander. The problem with having your bike is that Skyteam has not brought it to N. America yet (although on ST's facebook page, the moderator or host of their official page stated they are getting its certified-yes!). Instead, you will have to rely on a Bulgarian and German who own the same bike in their respective countries, and have already introduced themselves.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander View Post

I've checked the spark plug (still throws a spark) I've tightened all connections around the carburettor. I've even taken it to a mechanic to tune. It then ran for about 10 km's, and then wouldn't start again.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems or can suggest solutions for what I can do to get the black wombat out of the burrow and onto the road!
Change the spark plug as they seem to foul easily on these Chinese bikes.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Change the spark plug as they seem to foul easily on these Chinese bikes.
Yes, good idea. That was one of the first things I did. And it's very simple.
THe original spark plug has the number D8RTC. Chances are you won't find a spark plug with this number anywhere - I didn't. So I took the time and went through many lists to get the equivalent Plug from other brands. I have the NGK DPR8EA-9 one.
The spark plug gap should be 0.6mm-0.7mm (0.02-0.03in). Normally it's ok with new spark plugs.

NGK DPR8EA-9
Nippon DENSO X24EPR-U9
NGK iridium IXDPR8EIX-9
Champion RA6HC
Bosch XR5DC

2012 Skyteam V-Raptor 250
2011 Yamaha Tenere XT 660Z abs
1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
1989 Kawasaki GPZ 500

Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #21

Thank's guys... I changed the spark plug and guess what. The Black Wombat is now starting and running!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackwombatfront.jpg (101.1 KB, 530 views)

Old 06-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #22

Most spark plugs aren't very expensive. It's good to change them on a regular basis.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #23

Some manufacturers recommend changing the plug after the initial break-in. I threw the original one away after the first heat cycle

Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander View Post
Thank's guys... I changed the spark plug and guess what. The Black Wombat is now starting and running!
That's good news! I haven't had good luck with China plugs in stuff I've bought new, but two of the (very) used China bikes I have both still had the stock plug! I guess you get a winner occasionally.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #25

Just wondering if anyone has had to adjust their throttle. Mine has been sticking and is quite lose when you turn it. I tried adjusting the adjuster nut, but it appears to be lose where the cable enters the part on the handlebars (see photo) Has anyone had to pull this part apart. Any suggestions?

Also does this weld on the bottom of the rear shock look ok? It doesn't appear to solid (see photo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wombathrottle.jpg (28.5 KB, 519 views)
File Type: jpg wombatshock.jpg (24.9 KB, 526 views)

Old 06-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #26

I'll defer to someone who has that type of bike to chime in on the throttle.

That weld looks like it has good penetration. If you were to try and weld it fully, you'd risk destroying the bushing. I'd leave it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #27

great looking bike!

the throttle cable will need to come off to be greased and perhaps rerouted. it is likely to be sticky because it is too tight somewhere under the tank. reroute it and use a couple of zip ties, make sure there s no kinks and squeezes. it will come unstuck and perform. use some additional nuts on top of carbie if possible as spacers to reduce cable slack. bit of cable slack is fine. if you want less throttle turn, you ll need another setup, more like an dirt bike. take a look at my nifty zongifications thread in the DS/Enduro section, it shows you a halfturn throttle

Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #28

Interesting; there's a place for another throttle cable yet you don't have one. Please post more pictures of your carb and motor from both sides. That will give us a better clue as to what your bike is based on. That will help part replacement if you need them. So far, the general layout looks to be based on a Yamaha TW200 what with the big back tire. Your motor looks Suzuki-ish with the oil filter on the right side, however. The ones on the website are definetly Honda based. By the way, if Suzuki based, the motor should be 249cc and if Honda based, probably 223cc like Trailbikeryder siggests.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 06-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #29

Indeed most probably it's routing of the throttle cable. Last time I had to mount the tank, I had to take it off, and then on twice to unstuck it. It's best not to tuck it in, under the tank and between the frame, but rather let it hang "freely".

Old 07-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #30

Just in Melbourne at the moment, will post more photos when I return to the country. The metal part that goes into the connector on the handlebars appears lose. Might have to pull it apart to see if I can tighten it. Thanks for all comments

Tags
australia, skyteam, v-raptor 250, v-retro 250