Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #1

New Rhino 250 Q&A

A few quick ones,,
Now that I binge read every forum, I'm contemplating just rebuilding the whole atv with aftermarket parts so it wont disintegrate where it stands, or leave it alone and wait until it catastrophically fails and let everyone just laugh at me as they all bought from the big 3 brands..what the Heck,,I love a good fight!

Here's a few slow pitches...
1) I've read I should have a spare CDI, and I lov spare parts, but what issues occur when you have a possible failing CDI?

2) Air filter, read the stock was junk at best, I did drive thru a puddle and not large last weekend and it conked out on me. then restarted after a few sputters. would a new aftermarket air system help?
If so would I need to adjust the fuel/air and carb overall? no crazy bout that one, all carbs r picky in my experience..

3) Electrical, all the connections under the unit are just plugged in type, no splash protection whatsoever, I'm thinking of using "vulcanizing sealing tape" and just doing a few wraps on all the connections to make them at least splash resistant, thoughts?

4) start/stop the unit; lets say I use the unit all day, do I then close the fuel shutoff, run it dry, until the next day when I use tem again? And yes all I use is 100% ethanol free gas with a touch of Lucas fuel conditioner.
I just want the best odds in restarting when at a campsite over night.
Anything else you may want to point out great appreciated!!!