Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2021, 12:04 AM   #1

Boom BD250-5

I see there is a new 250cc EFI/watercooled sportsbike to replace or augment the carbed and aircooled 250..

Looks to be about $3500. That's pushing it for a low end 250 sportsbike from a China. Wonder what engine this bike is using.

https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...ted-motorcycle

Complete with the tack "Kewesaki" and "Superbike" font (why?)

Old 10-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #2

Yeah... We've spoken about this a little already. It's a chinese copy of a ninja 300, with a water cooled version of what I'm guessing is the ghost/x22 engine and 5 speed. Honestly, I don't like it.

For the price you can buy a used ninja 300 and have an overall better bike, even if it has problems.

I wouldn't actually suggest this bike to a new rider/buyer, and would point them to something else. But, for someone experienced, I'd say give it a go. If it was about $500 cheaper, it'd be a great deal. But, for what it is at that price, I'd go the used bike route.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:24 AM   #3

Also, they say it has an upgraded CDI... and that annoys me to no end. Ignition is controlled by the ECU on EFI engines. It's doesn't have a CDI. I suspect that the people writing the description either doesn't know anything about bikes, or just writes stuff and doesn't care.

If you look at venom, and their X15 super pocket bike, you'll notice that they no longer say it's 90cc. This happened a few months after I wrote about my experiences of my x15 I bought (on an other forum) and called them out about how that "90cc" engine was exactly the same as my "70cc" engine on my kid's RPS dirt bike. And how they only reason the x15 was faster was because it had a smaller sprocket, and it just barely eeked out over the dirt bike.

They're great with sales and support. They're literally the best deal on chinese bikes, if you consider the service and support. But the LIES they post on their descriptions are what upset me with them. Almost none of the bikes get their "upgrades", because most of it is standard. Furthermore...

Actually, let me stop, because I'm going off on a rant here.

Anyway, cool bike, but it needs to be cheaper.

Old 10-28-2021, 02:19 AM   #4

Can buy a legit 250 for half that price. I find this bike hilarious and would be shocked if it actually sells at that price point.

Kids
MotoTec 50cc 2-Stroke
50cc ATV

Old 10-28-2021, 11:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
But the LIES they post on their descriptions are what upset me with them. Almost none of the bikes get their "upgrades", because most of it is standard. Furthermore...

Actually, let me stop, because I'm going off on a rant here.

Anyway, cool bike, but it needs to be cheaper.
One glaring lie they used to post was the 125 Ninja-clone (I forget the name, maybe X21) could hit 60+ MPH. They doubled down and tripled down as they insisted that bike could break 60 MPH.

As far as the 'upgrades' they are generally correct. They seem to spec many of their bikes a bit different than what the same bike sells under the manufacturer/dealer/distributor name. For instance, the Dongfang bikes they relabel.

EDIT: I just had an ad come across my feed from Venom and they claim 90 MPH for the Ghost (no, not KPH )

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 10-29-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Old 10-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #6

Radiator??? Where is it???

Hi,

I hate to say it, but I'm in love with the RED version of this bike... I'm looking at the picture you included in the Thread and I CANNOT SEE the radiator...

Where is it??? You did say it was (or is) water cooled, right??? Unless I'm missing something, I can't see it...

Thanks...

Joe...

Old 11-07-2021, 01:08 PM   #7

Will be curious to see some feedback on this one. Have been toying with the idea of a Lifan KPM200 and this might be it's competition. The extra 50ccs is nice but I'm skeptical of Boom after having a very crappy experience with build quality on my BD125-2. Will be interested to see some feedback how these hold up.

Old 11-07-2021, 11:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schutts View Post
Hi,

I hate to say it, but I'm in love with the RED version of this bike... I'm looking at the picture you included in the Thread and I CANNOT SEE the radiator...

Where is it??? You did say it was (or is) water cooled, right??? Unless I'm missing something, I can't see it...

Thanks...

Joe...

There isn't a radiator because it's air cooled. Jerry looked it up here;

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=29927
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 11-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #9

This video answers the question. Should be the same engine used on the superbike. Don't let that radiator guard fool you... it's there for show.

Old 11-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #10

Name:  boom2.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  65.6 KB

I tried to make the picture bigger, but this was the maximum size.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #11

Just found this same bike for $2599 plus shipping which is $399 on Amazon...

Old 03-22-2024, 04:03 PM   #12

Ignition switch

Just recently purchased a 2021 BAODIAO bs250-5 and the ignition switch wire was cut so I can’t follow the wire to where it plugs in at does anyone know where I can find a video or something that would help me install/purchase the correct ignition switch?