Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2020, 11:52 PM   #166

I just started modding my Vader 2 but I don't think a power commander is applicable to carbureted bikes. I'm still shaking it down. I had the gas tank vent issue and I'll look at my mounts now since it seems like a common issue. Besides the swap I don't see much more power coming besides a big bore some some engine and head work that would only bring marginal improvements.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #167

I'm starting to think about a swap too Jonoc. 125 has been ok for my little sandbox area I ride in but more and more I want to get moving and brrrrrrrrrrrr,..stuck at my usual pace.

I dunno if I posted my passenger peg broke awhile back. Still haven't fixed it. I should do that sooner or later. Been riding almost everyday and I think I'm around 3400 miles now. Lower belly pan cracked again, vibrated loose although I put a bigger washer on it and it's ok. Something is rattling somewhere that I've yet to find. I hear it when I'm idling at lights. arg Other than that haven't had to do anything to it lately, but wash it and ride.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #168

Haven't posted much in awhile. Actually haven't been on chinariders in awhile. Sacrilege! hahah
Got a swingarm from msxaccessories and put it on over the weekend. Little bike prob around 5600 miles now but my speedo stopped working. Running good although hasn't been liking rainy weather much.
Picked this one up mainly for the chain adjusters. The Vader chain adjusters are crap!

I'd ordered black but two months later started inquiring and they didn't have black. I told them to send me whatever they had and got a blue one. I thought about painting it but wtvr,...

i don't always lift my mini bike but when I do I use cat litter buckets and a stick! ha idk why that's always funny to me,..

Thought these were going to be rubbish but they looked fine. Did the bearings while I had it off. They were rough and needed to be changed. Used sealed grom bearings from ebay,...

On the frame mount I had to grind off a bit on both sides. On the axle spacer I had to grind it down a wee bit also. Other than that, it was pretty simple. Riding in this morning was a huge difference. It had felt kind of spongy and now it feels new again.

Will be changing soon w new chain but I think it's done well for 5000+,..

Almost forgot the end pics,...

Next wanting to do a 190 so going to start putting my tens of dollars aside,...

Old 07-27-2021, 07:15 AM   #169

This is looking great!

IG: @TyGuyProductions

Old 07-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #170

If I wasn't so girth-y, I'd love to have one of these.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-15-2022, 03:38 PM   #171

Been awhile but I haven't done much to it except ride. My speedo stopped working so I'm guessing I'm around 10k now. Been waiting for this 125 to take a dump and it keeps on going.

I converted the battery to us a M12 Milwaukee battery. Kind of convenient for me since I have M12 tools. Can't think of anything else I've done to it. Oh my rear z shock crapped out and I picked up a cheapo amazon shock. The amazon shock is way too bouncy and too high. I'm always scooting back as I slide forward. Need to figure that out,....

Guy at worked picked up a new spiffy '23 this morning. Funny how someone getting a bike can spur you to fixing yours! I ordered a zs190 a couple hours after I saw it. haha

Found that I can use a work stand to hold the rear up for anything I need to do. atdtools.com/7811

Fun with bikes,...

Old 01-20-2023, 04:17 PM   #172

ZS190 wasn't too hard to get installed. I had to slightly shave a teeny bit of clearance. Was harder to get my rearsets to fit. I didn't like how the brake lever fit and ordered some aftermarket cnc rearsets that looked good. What a b to install. After that, got it running on the old harness. Things looked great. I ran it for about ten minutes and then it stalled. Figured I'd get back to it in a day or so.

That was 4 months ago. It hasn't ran since. I've wired and rewired, multiple coils, cdis, everything I could think of and only have gotten intermittent spark. Yesterday tried a new magneto and pickup and still nothing. I'm way past frustrated with this one.

Right now, I'm on the wiring that came with the engine. I thought about making my own simple harness and trying it but haven't gotten to that level of yet. This weekend I'm going to plug back into the vader harness and see how that goes with the new magneto and pickup.

So,....if anybody has any tips on wtf I could try, please advise. I've never had this much of a problem from any bike I've ever had. Well there was that old sabre that got flooded twice and i timed wrong, but other than that one

Old 10-10-2023, 01:53 PM   #173

Wow, glad I wasn't waiting on a response

Ended up ordering a new wiring harness. I think I've done 2000 miles or so. My speedo doesn't work anymore. Not cause I didn't connect it, it just doesn't work. Thinking of new front light set up.

Riding on freeway now, I10, 290 and 610. Little bike does great so far.

My brakes are pretty crappy. Looking to upgrade asap.

That's about it for update. I love 5th gear and also the major power difference from the 125, although that was a GREAT engine.

Old 01-04-2024, 11:21 AM   #174

Forgot pictures but my dang starter chain has broken at least five times. So sick of that. This morning was taking it out and have been tuning a pwk28 here and there and it broke when I was getting it started.

Wondering if a DID chain would stop that from happening or just prolong it til it broke again. I bought a sixteen foot length from some chain supplier and been doing fairly well this last go around til this morning. facepalm

Old 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM   #175

Starter chain? Do these pull start like a lawn mower? I have no experience with these.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350