Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM   #1

Another great Venom experience

I have been doing research on this forum for over a year trying to decide what bike to go with and finally decided to go with the KPM200.

After reading multiple experiences with people having great luck with venom i decided to use them to make my purchase. they seem to have the best after purchase support and knowing my home state of Kentucky can be a little picky when titling i decided Venom was the best choice.

I made my order on 12/12/22 and received the bike on 12/21/22. That seems like good turn around for being almost on the other side of the country from there California shipping facility.

I took my time assembling working on it here and there as i had time. I finally got around to registering the bike yesterday 1/5. This is where it all started to get bad. I go to the clerks to register the motorcycle and to my surprise there is one form that they say they need to be able to register it (has to do with the purchase price of the bike). I place a call to venom before noon and a someone answers the phone right away that can help me. The person from venom did mention that this is the first time they have experienced anything like this (probably something that's not needed but my clerk insisted on). So i did ask her if i could just email her the paper work and they take care of it so we can just please the clerk, and she agreed. after a couple of hours i received the signed paperwork and was able to get the bike registered.

With the way i was treated i can only say that Venom is a great company to work with and they do care about the customer after the purchase. i cant speak to other company's but i would have no problem using Venom again or recommending them to be used.

sorry for the log winded badly written post but just wanted to show my support for a great company.

Old 01-06-2023, 11:35 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, it's kind of hard to beat the service from Venom Motorsports. Great bunch of people work there. I'm on my 3rd bike from Venom.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-06-2023, 12:02 PM   #3

I agree Venom is a great dealer and I plan on buying my second bike from them this year sometime. Thanks for the write up, it’s always good to hear both the good and bad of things. Have fun with the KPM, Lifan builds really good bikes, you’ll probably enjoy it a lot!
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 01-06-2023, 02:13 PM   #4

Welcome to the Forum. That KPM 200 is a really nice looking cafe style bike. I like the wheels. Which color scheme did you get? Can you post a couple of pics maybe?

I am curious as to what form was required. Was it a Bill of Sale?

A BOS is typically required for private purchases where there is no invoice/receipt with buyer's name and address from a dealer/vendor, usually on vendor sale form/invoice/receipt (usually comes with a crate bike) or buyer's contract (from a car or motorcycle dealership). Sometimes it even needs to be notarized! I am sure you got one of those, along with an Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin ("MCO").

So, for instance, I have gotten two documents with my crate bikes. The signed MCO and an invoice/receipt with my name, address and price paid (on vendor's "letterhead"). The invoices have not been notarized or signed by me.

I did make a copy of an MCO on one of the crate bikes I got. I am sure you got one of these. And you got some kind of invoice/receipt. And you needed another doc (BOS)???

Name:  MCO.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  113.6 KB

Old 01-06-2023, 04:00 PM   #5

I received a notarized MCO and bill of sale. My clerk would not honor the price on the bill of sale because it was not notarized. In hindsight, I probably could’ve asked Venom for a notarized bill of sale, but I already had this other form filled out. Essentially the form just certified to price that the bike was purchased for.

I got the white kpm200 will post pics later.

Old 01-06-2023, 04:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer358 View Post
I received a notarized MCO and bill of sale. My clerk would not honor the price on the bill of sale because it was not notarized. In hindsight, I probably could’ve asked Venom for a notarized bill of sale, but I already had this other form filled out. Essentially the form just certified to price that the bike was purchased for.

You might want to check with the state laws if it is actually required to be notarized. Here in Louisiana, If buying from a state that doesn't require the BOL to be notarized Louisiana will except it as is. Not Notarized. The only time notarization is required is if I'm buying from someone in Louisiana or a state that required it. From what i'm reading here it does not have to be notarized.
https://www.pandadoc.com/bill-of-sal...be%20notarized.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-06-2023, 04:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmracer358 View Post

Yep. I am agreeing with Jerry on the (not) need for notary on the Bill of sale/sale contract. It's a new vehicle, and it's coming with the MCO and invoice/receipt. We have other members from Kentucky, and I haven't heard about this.

But regardless, Venom complied with the request with no argument, and quick. Good folks. And you can make the anal retentive clerk pucker up and be satisfied with the document. Ouch!

Maybe I am wrong, and it is required by law. But I am feeling skeptical about this

Old 01-06-2023, 05:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yep. I am agreeing with Jerry on the (not) need for notary on the Bill of sale/sale contract. It's a new vehicle, and it's coming with the MCO and invoice/receipt. We have other members from Kentucky, and I haven't heard about this.

But regardless, Venom complied with the request with no argument, and quick. Good folks. And you can make the anal retentive clerk pucker up and be satisfied with the document. Ouch!

Maybe I am wrong, and it is required by law. But I am feeling skeptical about this
I looked into it after the fact and what I could find in ky state law is that out of state purchases need that form or a notarized bill of sale would suffice. If the vehicle was purchased with a window sticker with the msrp listed you could pay taxes based on that. But unfortunately because the kpm200 is not in there system or part of any data base they use the form I got filled out was they only thing I could used to prove the purchase price. I’m sure more experienced clerks in this situation would have just accepted the bill of sale and moved on.

Old 01-06-2023, 05:51 PM   #9

Hope I inserted the pictures right
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 771511F8-7214-40F4-BA32-133A68847E74.jpeg (364.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpeg 812EC96E-4F81-458C-B043-06FDC27472C0.jpeg (388.6 KB, 46 views)