Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2016, 11:07 PM   #1

Registered Hawk 250 enduro in Washington DC

So I received my bill of sale, odometer statement and manufacturers certificate of origination from apscusa.com yesterday and miracle of all Miracles the DMV in DC is now open on Saturday.

Waited about 40 minutes this morning, paid $300 for my two hawks and walked out with my plates.

At one point I thought I hit a snag as the public servant said " Haosen isn't on my list" followed by an explanation that they would add it to the database...whew... Had a fleeting moment of panic. Should be easier for the next china riders to register in DC.

Spent the afternoon getting used to my new ride in 32 degree weather. Got the cold engine starting routine down pretty well and even Had two folks approach me when stopped at lights asking where I got my bike.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #2

Oh yeah... Geico insurance was $99 per year per bike and the kicker was the lady at the DMV said I should "be sure to lock them up."

Old 02-07-2016, 01:59 AM   #3

Congratulations. Thanks for posting the good report from the District of Columbia.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-07-2016, 03:48 AM   #4

Registering my Hawk

I feel your pain, brother. Man that was a longgg, anxious, 6 weeks when I had to get a new certificate of origin all the way from asia when they had messed up the previous one. Sat around worried I wasn't even going to be able to plate the bike even though I had already assembled it. Hawk is good to go in Oregon guys, just so you know!

2015 Haosen Hawk
1989 Kawasaki EX500
1991 Suzuki DR350

Old 02-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #5

excellent! I'm still waiting for my paperwork. I have to get an inspection done before visiting the DMV though. did you have to?

Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #6

It seems as though these Hawks are getting around the 'off-road' part in many states (and territories, i.e. DC). I know AZ would plate these 'no problemo' since they come stock with far more than the minimum of street equipment required by AZ. However, over the past few years, AZ now requires an in-person inspection. I am guessing that there must have been too many cases of 'abuse' of the system, although can not imagine how considering either you visibly have a plate, one mirror, a headlight, a taillight, a speedo (and at least one brake!?) or a cop should be able to pull you over. Still, kind of funny for a state that allows me to walk around with a pistol in my pocket and/OR on my hip, and no stinkin' papers either.

Congrats, and sorry for my rant, but I liked being able to walk into one of the third-party MVD offices (avoiding the state ones hour or so wait) and walking out with a plate and year's registration for a $15 convenience fee (on top of the official state fees)...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-07-2016, 07:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulesmann View Post
I feel your pain, brother. Man that was a longgg, anxious, 6 weeks when I had to get a new certificate of origin all the way from asia when they had messed up the previous one. Sat around worried I wasn't even going to be able to plate the bike even though I had already assembled it. Hawk is good to go in Oregon guys, just so you know!
Who did you purchase your bike through?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco4arcs View Post
Oh yeah... Geico insurance was $99 per year per bike...
!!

Wow!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #9

No inspection required in DC... but the gun laws suck ass...though every dealer in the hood packs anyway.

I got my hawk twin pack from apscusa... The paperwork they provided was just what I needed to get plates... Well that and proof of insurance.

Took a nice little spin through rock creek park today... Not quite rocky mountain national park or Yellowstone but I did see some deer, geese and of course rats.

Digging the little hawk after 20 years without a cycle.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:03 AM   #10

Bought mine through motobuys.com and didn't need any kind of inspection. One cool thing haosen does is that they just write "Motorcycle" on body type for their enduro CFOs. Saves a lot of hassle at the dmv. It's no fun trying to plate a dirt bike converted dual sport here. Now I'm saving and getting ready to upgrade the hell out of it. Love the hawk though had a niiiice ride in the city today.

Hope y'all are enjoying yours' just as much.

2015 Haosen Hawk
1989 Kawasaki EX500
1991 Suzuki DR350

Old 02-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulesmann View Post
Bought mine through motobuys.com and didn't need any kind of inspection.
Sorry to hijack a little, although it is related to Hawk registration, but I think I remember the hassle you had with your Hawk and Motobuys.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-09-2016, 05:51 AM   #12

Did you buy yours through motobuys??

2015 Haosen Hawk
1989 Kawasaki EX500
1991 Suzuki DR350

Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 AM   #13

I don't own a Hawk.........yet

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-21-2016, 11:16 PM   #14

Hello everyone
I'm very new to the forms but I have a question and I feel like this site is the best place to ask. I bought a hawk 250 and just finished assembling it, I live in South Carolina and would love to get this registered for street use but my Mso was blank... What do I have to do?
Has anyone had any luck with the dmv in South Carolina?

Old 02-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider92 View Post
Hello everyone
I'm very new to the forms but I have a question and I feel like this site is the best place to ask. I bought a hawk 250 and just finished assembling it, I live in South Carolina and would love to get this registered for street use but my Mso was blank... What do I have to do?
Has anyone had any luck with the dmv in South Carolina?
Write down the VIN number on your bike and Call or email the company you bought it from, that usually gets you the filled out MSO from what I have been reading

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.