Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #1

customer support from Superior Powersports

i have had some troubles getting emails to and from Superior Powersports after the sell ... the people at Superior Powersports bent over backwards to make sure i got help through live chat, phone, and when everything else failed, they got on facebook and sent me the invoice i needed ... so far they are a top notch crew ... if i have any more contact with them i will pass on the the outcome, but so far, they seem to be a good choice for me to have bought my first new bike from

mods, is there a place to put your dealings with vendors? ... i bought mine online, but they do have a real store, it is out on the west coast

Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #2

Thanks for reporting the good customer service.

P.S. I moved your thread to the Dealer & Distributor Discussion Forum.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-08-2016, 06:27 PM   #3

I dealt with SPS on my Rhino purchase. Phone help was good. Shipped when they said. Arrived with a damaged plastic part (rack cover) they won't warranty after jumping through all the hoop and filling out alll the proper forms. "We don't warranty plastic parts", they said. Paperwork took a while but I wasn't concerned. It's not leaving my property.

Bottom line is I think they're just a massive shipping website and warehouse and it's probably mayhem there around the clock. For the super discounted price, don't expect a lot of support, like my plastic part.

I can't imagine Power Sports Max is any better regarding after purchase support but just guessing. May have to try them next time. I'll have to hold my nose and order my wife's quad from one of them.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #4

i would suspect that not many would warranty the plastic, or people would be sending it in every time they dropped a bike ... but in your case, it was sent broken in the crate, i think they should have replaced it

Old 02-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #5

I purchased from these guys and broke the brittle plastics during installation. Plastic practically fell apart in my hand. I used to work in plastics so I was familiar with the problem. Old recycled reground plastic with not enough new virgin materials added to it. Anyway PRO replaced the plastic for me immediately minus the 6 weeks it took to get shipped over from China. They also immediately replaced a muffler for me that had a broken weld. The muffler they had in stock as it arrived quickly. Very happy with the service from PRO.

https://www.powerrideoutlet.com/

/

Old 02-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
i would suspect that not many would warranty the plastic, or people would be sending it in every time they dropped a bike ... but in your case, it was sent broken in the crate, i think they should have replaced it
I also since it fell out of the crate on the ground damaged as I pulled off the shipping cardboard. It's not like it was a big deal. i pulled the rack covers off anyway. Though they provided tons of bungee tie spots, they vibrated and buzzed. I was just using the cover as a test of their after sale support. FAIL!

I'll have to check out PRO.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 02-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #7

well, my thoughts have changed a bit on this seller ... chat help started out good, but quickly got to a point of being left "on hold" for hours, many questions were unanswered, shipped out several days late ... took 3 days to get from 3 hours from my house, to one hour from my house, where i drove the 2 hour round trip to pick it up, because it was going to be another two days to get that last hour ... have not heard back about the cracked/broken plastic i made a claim on ... the bike is really nice, and i would buy another just like it, just from another place ... also, it has taken just over 3 weeks from the time i paid to get the mco/bos, but it did get here today

Old 02-29-2016, 01:36 PM   #8

Quote:
well, my thoughts have changed a bit on this seller ... chat help started out good, but quickly got to a point of being left "on hold" for hours, many questions were unanswered, shipped out several days late ... took 3 days to get from 3 hours from my house, to one hour from my house, where i drove the 2 hour round trip to pick it up, because it was going to be another two days to get that last hour ... have not heard back about the cracked/broken plastic i made a claim on ... the bike is really nice, and i would buy another just like it, just from another place ... also, it has taken just over 3 weeks from the time i paid to get the mco/bos, but it did get here today
I received my mco today too. the only issue I have is it's not notarized, so I'm going to have to jump through some hoops with the DMV. I may even end up having to purchase a title bond in order to get it titled. not a huge cost, but a nuiscence.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:05 PM   #9

Indeed, these are the nuisances we deal with as entry-level CB owners. If we pay a little more (like to CSC), these things are handled.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Indeed, these are the nuisances we deal with as entry-level CB owners. If we pay a little more (like to CSC), these things are handled.
not if you're a cheap bastad like me!

these little hoops are small payment against the savings. I have had several guys look at me with shock when I told them it was delivered to my door for 1300. Another 100 or so for carb, jets, sprockets and it's still pretty cheap. not counting the sweat equity, of course.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:13 PM   #11

well, got some good news yesterday ... they are going to replace the left side plastic at no cost ... no clue how long it will take, but it is a nice thing to know, and they have made up for the poor shipping

Old 03-12-2016, 09:01 PM   #12

Good luck with the tank cover, I believe it was. (Getting replacement). I still have not got my hand guards hardware which is "on order".

Did you mount those plastic cooling fins . I used plastic tie raps . It looks OK and I think I got them correctly mounted.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Good luck with the tank cover, I believe it was. (Getting replacement). I still have not got my hand guards hardware which is "on order".

Did you mount those plastic cooling fins . I used plastic tie raps . It looks OK and I think I got them correctly mounted.
mine is not the tank cover, but the side panel that says "storm 250" on it
also, it is on alright, but it has a crack and the tab on the back is missing

Old 03-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #14

Pack up that wire harness bundle well with electric tape. I did not do this initially and I chewed some wires that got caught in the handlebar stop. Pic shows packaged wires away from stop

Name:  2016-03-12 20.11.28.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  91.7 KB

It's up to every owner to figure things out the best way.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-12-2016, 11:38 PM   #15

Quote:
well, got some good news yesterday ... they are going to replace the left side plastic at no cost ... no clue how long it will take, but it is a nice thing to know, and they have made up for the poor shipping
How the heck you pull that off!? Count your blessings. I jumped through every hoop they wanted, including extra paperwork with pics attached to prove it showed up that way, and still got denied with a lame blanket excuse about "we don't warranty plastic".
Good for you though! Glad someone is getting some support from them.

2009 Q Link XP 200