Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2017, 12:34 AM   #5266

BB,

If you look too long at that Rally Raid stuff, you will soon have a $10,000 Honda.

jb

Old 02-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #5267

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
BB,

If you look too long at that Rally Raid stuff, you will soon have a $10,000 Honda.

jb
Yep~ $2800 for stage 3 kit (+ttld of bike), which of course I would have to have

Don't worry, ain't gonna happen, Its kinda crouch rocketety for my first impression (jmo) but I could have a romance with any honda product.

But great fun to look at bikes, I noticed as I was going by another shop from the freeway (as the sun was shining) there was several people milling around the lot looking at powersports stuff. The promise of Spring is in the air.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Last edited by BlackBike; 02-09-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #5268

And, don't forget the cost of the luggage racks, skid plate, engine guards, hand guards, accessories mount, billet top clamp....all add up a bunch more. A buddy has a 2014 CB500X and is planning to fully farkle it for ADV and said it would come out to about $12K USD to do when including the price of the bike. And, that kit will raise the standover by more than 2 inches...closer to 3. I am kinda lusting for it though!!!

Old 02-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #5269

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
And, don't forget the cost of the luggage racks, skid plate, engine guards, hand guards, accessories mount, billet top clamp....all add up a bunch more. A buddy has a 2014 CB500X and is planning to fully farkle it for ADV and said it would come out to about $12K USD to do when including the price of the bike. And, that kit will raise the standover by more than 2 inches...closer to 3. I am kinda lusting for it though!!!
I like that 2.5 in lift that kit includes. You can see the spacers on that picture

They are making a smaller Africa twin I believe...600cc or so which would be off road equipped wonder how much for that ...Probably 13k or so

One major thing you forgot that's not included...tires

I'm thinking the new rx4 may be a little more upright and more relaxed leg angle..who knows. Not sure if I could just order a 6k item without seeing it in person, that might call for a pickup ride to LA.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #5270

Thinking of buying a rx3 is it worth it?

I own a hawk 250 good bike for the money was wanting to upgrade to the CSC rx3 or the Honda crf250l winch one would you buy? I have never seen a rx3 in person and would like some in put from people who know the bike. Thanks .

Old 02-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #5271

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn66 View Post
I own a hawk 250 good bike for the money was wanting to upgrade to the CSC rx3 or the Honda crf250l winch one would you buy? I have never seen a rx3 in person and would like some in put from people who know the bike. Thanks .
I own an RX3 and am pleased with it. But I am not you, I don't know what you would like or prefer. Are you near a CSC affiliate?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:17 PM   #5272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
I own an RX3 and am pleased with it. But I am not you, I don't know what you would like or prefer. Are you near a CSC affiliate?

No not one in my neck of the woods. I guess I am asking have you had any trouble and would you buy it again if you had it to do over or would you buy a more popular bike? Thanks

Old 02-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #5273

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn66 View Post
No not one in my neck of the woods. I guess I am asking have you had any trouble and would you buy it again if you had it to do over or would you buy a more popular bike? Thanks
We own both a TT250 (much like the Hawk) and a pair of RX3's. Like Jay says, it depends on what your riding habits are like and what you prefer.

The RX3 is a load of fun, handles awesome on the paved twisties and is a very comfortable bike to ride, and it comes with storage for store runs. It seems a larger physical bike so it's better on the open road than the TT250 (or Hawk). It's good for fire roads and gravel roads and light trails. A full blown dirt bike with long travel suspension, it's not. It also is "pipey" on the powerband. You need to be over 5k to get any real power. This took some adjustment on my part.

The TT250 (Hawk) with the CG motor is more torquey, has a better mid-range and is much more suited for heavier trail riding, for what it lacks on the open road.

I'll take one of the dual sports if we're going to do some trail riding or a short "fun run" just to buzz around a while but that said, for the most part I jump on an RX3.

The Honda CRF250 is a sweet unit with awesome dirt suspension and modern power....but that comes at a price. Again, it's really a matter of what type of riding you do.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #5274

Shawn; I have an RX3, have had no serious problems, and enjoy the bike. I do not regret buying the bike. The Honda you mention is a great bike too but by the time you equip it to match the RX3 you have a much more expensive machine. The Zong engine is a proven design that is fairly easy to maintain. Checking the exhaust valves is a PITA the first time but at least you are not dealing with shims under buckets. So far all other maintenance has been pretty simple. The Zong (2016 model) even has grease zerks in place to grease the swingarm bearings.

I'd recommend that you get a copy of Joe's book, 5,000 miles at 8,000 RPM, to get a more in depth discussion about the RX3.

Peter Y.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:31 AM   #5275

Thanks

Thank you all for your replies and I will check Joe's book everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #5276

CRF is a road legal dirt bike. The RX3 is an adventure touring bike. CRF for offroad fun. RX3 for riding gravel roads, forest service trails, and smoother logging roads.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:40 PM   #5277

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
CRF is a road legal dirt bike. The RX3 is an adventure touring bike. CRF for offroad fun. RX3 for riding gravel roads, forest service trails, and smoother logging roads.
Something everide couldn't understand.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #5278

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
that might call for a pickup ride to LA.
Let me know if this happens (I know, I know, not for a while). All the trips I take back to L.A. through the year, I have yet to stop by CSC's offices. I have been to Excalibur a few times, including one trip where I got to ride two different TGB 50cc 2t scooters and the 50cc Madass.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #5279

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Let me know if this happens (I know, I know, not for a while). All the trips I take back to L.A. through the year, I have yet to stop by CSC's offices. I have been to Excalibur a few times, including one trip where I got to ride two different TGB 50cc 2t scooters and the 50cc Madass.
Yeah, I don't know too far away but sounds plausible.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #5280

hello hello, long time no see
I've missed out on the best riding weather the southwest has to offer thanks to a surgery on my foot...but happily I finally got clearance to stick my foot in a boot and take my bike for a ride....in fairness, I didn't say motorcycle...but I've asked about motorcycle riding before...

In any case, I was a bundle of nerves, and my boot doesn't fit perfectly right now (I needed to take the insole insert out and replace it with a thinner one because the instep of my foot has changed and the first metatarsal is still sensitive to pressure) this combined with the foot being weaker left me less confident since I can't flat foot the bike (it's my shifter foot). Shifting wasn't smooth, due mostly to getting used to positioning my foot correctly again relative to the shift lever.

It was a short ride, but it was so nice to be back out and reacquaint myself with my bike, even though I was nervous about it.

Based on how nervous I was feeling I suspect I'll have to rebuild my confidence with local rides to reacquaint myself with my bike...and hopefully I'll be able to continue on without another delay (there is a possibility they might have to do a surgical correction, but I'm trying to ignore that right now and focus on continuing to regain my strength in that foot/leg)