Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2008, 01:41 PM   #16

How far are you guys in michigan, from Sarnia ontario. Do any of you cross the border to canada anywhere. There is a bridge there I think? I don't have a passport so I can't go past the border. Sarnia is only about 3 hours away, by highway for me and I'm going to be there anyway later next month. But I'd make the trip anytime if there was a street ride or back roads somewhere. My current bike can't off road. :(

Sarnia, Welland, Niagra Falls, Ottawa, Toronto. Almost 2 years now and I still haven't rode with anyone. I'd ride a long way just to have a coffee with a member.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #17

Re: Michigan ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy
Quote:
Either everyone in michigan with a china bike is to broke to go riding or they just keep them on the road.
(Hmmm maybe I'm the only one in michigan)
We ride in Trenton, Mi. all the time. If anyone has a moped or anything close, lets organize a ride this summer. Maybe ride from coffee shop to coffee shop or?
My wife and I have rode with a couple groups and it is great fun. The more people the better. Anyone up for a ride this summer?
Hmm trenton, thats on the other side of the metro area (close) it's doable.
I keep thinking of that movie "the warriors" and making it back home thru the city.

I dont have a moped or scooter I do have a motorized bicycle and we have our dualsport bikes.
Perhaps if you are on the other side of Detroit, Detroit is the place to ride. Belle Isle maybe? We can truck the bikes there if needed.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #18

I/we live close enough to run the detroit bridge, tunnel or I can run thru at port huron(sarnia).
I/we dont have are passports either but could get them easy enough I suppose.

I dont really want to run over the border even though canada is cool i'd hate to go thru customs and get hassled and have them rifle thru all our stuff.(could lead to an international event )

Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #19

Quote:
I/we live close enough to run the detroit bridge, tunnel or I can run thru at port huron(sarnia).

I dont really want to run over the border even though canada is cool i'd hate to go thru customs and get hassled and have them rifle thru all our stuff.(could lead to an international event )
How far are you from Peterborough/Guelph? We have a pal there if you are closer to there?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #20

Greedy I live almost due north of you on the other side of the detroit metro area.

We usually just head up north with the bikes in tow since it is a bit of a hual and ride for a good part of the day offroad.
We have talked about going to port huron and just running the streets and stuff for a day.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #21

Well, if Port Huron is the spot, we have a couple options, ride the ZZR there or truck the peds. Either would be fun. Maybe even make it a weekend camping trip. We used to camp all the time but never on a bike. We bought a small tent that fits in the saddle bags so we are waiting to try it out.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy
Quote:

How far are you from Peterborough/Guelph? We have a pal there if you are closer to there?
I'm 40 minutes from Guelph, In Canada, that's next door. I've gone to Guelph for a coffee and a donut. I'd do that ride anytime at the drop of a hat. Peterborough is about an hour and a half. Samething. As long as I'm not out on a long ride, let me know in the morning and I'd be there.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #23

My name says it all!!!!