Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #1

In case anyone was wondering about durability of these things...

Went camping in a pretty remote campground, about 15-20 minutes of rough dirt road to the campground, then running several trails about as wide as a four wheeler with lots of rocks, roots, dips, steps, and the like. I've done the initial tightening of the screws and bolts and replaced the engine mount bolts with slightly longer ones (and of better quality, tbh) and...well...the bike is great! Exhaust bolts haven't been replaced, and I was fully anticipating for them to break, but they're still good to go.

I'd recommend knobby tires offroad, though (obvious, since the tires on these bikes are typically pretty smooth street tires). Definitely some slipping on some of the hills. Surprisingly enough, though, there wasn't anything I wasn't able to overcome pretty easy.

Did break off one of the front blinkers, though. Taped it back on with electrical tape since that's all I had at the time. I'll probably see if I can't order a new piece in the next day or so.

All in all, I'm impressed. A good chain cleaning and re-grease, plus an oil change (I was pushing my mileage on the current one anyway, I was about 800 miles on the oil), and the bike is good to go on the streets again. I'll probably go find a path on the nearby mountain and do some more now that I've tested what the capabilities of the Hellcat are. I anticipate that the Little Monster/Razkull will probably be the same result, though the seat is further back so the balance may be slightly different.

Just over 2800 miles on this one, still a great bike!

Picture posted below!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0005.jpg (98.5 KB, 571 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0007.jpg (98.2 KB, 619 views)