Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2016, 10:23 PM   #1

I like the RX3 better.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I like the RX3 better.
I like the Honda CRF Rally better. Plus it will probably only cost about $1100 more!

Old 03-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I like the Honda CRF Rally better. Plus it will probably only cost about $1100 more!
To each his own. I own two Honda motorcycles, and I like them a lot. However, the Honda Rally 250 doesn't appeal to me at all. In fact, I like the Honda CRF250L a lot better than the Honda Rally 250.

At this point one can only guess the MSRP of the Honda. One article speculates a price of $5,300.

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...-ar168272.html

Another article guesses the price will be $7,250.

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/cr...dventure-bike/

In either event, the dealers will add documentation charges. In addition, they might add shipping and dealer prep fees. If you want to equip the Honda the same as the RX3, you are also going to add a lot of additional expense for luggage racks, luggage, engine guards, skid plate, et cetera. The Honda doesn't even come equipped with a luggage rack.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #4

I'll wait until it reaches the market

I'll wait until it actually goes on sale to see the real price it sells for. No use getting your panties in a knot over speculations and guesses at the selling price.
I think it's a great looking bike that comes equipped the way I ride.
I really like that it doesn't come with a lot of heavy, over weight iron and steel protection accessories. I like my bikes light and maneuverable, and I don't do a lot of long distance riding on a rally type bike. I have a more comfortable long distance bike for those types of trips.
And if the msrp is excessive in my opinion, I'll make a wiser selection.
Another "interesting" to me bike is the KTM 390 Adventure, which would probably be my alternate choice.
I'm just looking for a bike that meets my needs better than what is currently available. And I'm prepared to wait.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I'll wait until it actually goes on sale to see the real price it sells for. No use getting your panties in a knot over speculations and guesses at the selling price.
I think it's a great looking bike that comes equipped the way I ride.
I really like that it doesn't come with a lot of heavy, over weight iron and steel protection accessories. I like my bikes light and maneuverable, and I don't do a lot of long distance riding on a rally type bike. I have a more comfortable long distance bike for those types of trips.
And if the msrp is excessive in my opinion, I'll make a wiser selection.
Another "interesting" to me bike is the KTM 390 Adventure, which would probably be my alternate choice.
I'm just looking for a bike that meets my needs better than what is currently available. And I'm prepared to wait.
Indeed, you are wise not to get sidetracked regarding MSRP speculations. It will be interesting to learn when the MSRP is finally released.

I believe you placed an order for a 2016 CSC Cyclone RX3. Am I in error, or did you decide to cancel your order? If you prefer, you can certainly elect to remove luggage and engine guards from the RX3; the bike is about 50 pounds lighter minus this extra hardware.

If you do further research on the Honda Rally 250, or the KTM 390 Adventure, please consider starting threads on these bikes in our Other Brands Forum. We would enjoy having you share the information you learn regarding these two motorcycles.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Last edited by SpudRider; 03-29-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #6

I think Honda is directing the 250cc Rally at the Dakar enthusiasts. The RX3 is better suited to my taste with less wheel travel, more power and more storage (in other words, the RX3 more of an ADV bike).

Old 03-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #7

That Honda would have a LOT more appeal if it was the 300cc engine and it had some kind of actual bash plate instead of plastic.

If it's based off the CRF-250L it's going to be @ 340lbs I bet.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #8

8000 RPM doesn't feel bad at all ... 9000-10000 RPM starts to get buzzy though.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 03-30-2016, 09:36 PM   #9

Got to go on a fun day trip last week with a buddy and our RX-3s and finally got around to chopping up and mashing together the video throwing some music on it and getting it on youtube. Its 11 minutes and pretty boring but somethings better than nothing.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:56 PM   #10

Bravo Cory, your right, not very professional but that wouldn't suit us RX3 riders anyway You showed us the meat an potatoes that the RX3 was ment for and can be ridden in. I wish the music was left out so we could hear you guys talking. Sounded like you had a ball. Well done .More please, pass that meat an taters. rj

Old 03-31-2016, 12:05 AM   #11

Blinkity blink blink

So I discovered something today with my turn signals. I've always assumed and operated them like they were canceled by pushing in the turn signal button to cancel them. Mine has always felt crunchy???? and just didn't feel "fun " to use. Today when riding I just slide the button back over to the middle and it canceled . So I tried both left and right signals and they both cancel seamlessly by just returning button back to center kinda like the bikes from the 70's. Felt like they were designed to be operated that way. Way smoother.
So tell me how you guys operate your turn signals and how they feel as a comparison? Maybe I broked mine? rj

Old 03-31-2016, 12:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
So I discovered something today with my turn signals. I've always assumed and operated them like they were canceled by pushing in the turn signal button to cancel them. Mine has always felt crunchy???? and just didn't feel "fun " to use. Today when riding I just slide the button back over to the middle and it canceled . So I tried both left and right signals and they both cancel seamlessly by just returning button back to center kinda like the bikes from the 70's. Felt like they were designed to be operated that way. Way smoother.
So tell me how you guys operate your turn signals and how they feel as a comparison? Maybe I broked mine? rj
I cancel mine both ways, the push action on mine felt a bit odd until I opened the housing and applied a bit of lithium grease.

Old 03-31-2016, 02:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
I cancel mine both ways, the push action on mine felt a bit odd until I opened the housing and applied a bit of lithium grease.
I also cancel my turn signals using both methods. I am going to follow Jay's example, and apply some lithium grease to the mechanism.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 04-01-2016, 06:56 PM   #14

Remember the custom Porsche GT3 green RX3 that Joe blogged about a little while ago? Looks like it's living in Las Vegas!

[youtube]i68MIIGy7cg[/youtube]

Old 04-02-2016, 01:41 AM   #15

That bike certainly has a pretty green color. It matches the rider's helmet perfectly. Thanks for posting the link to the video.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220