Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #1

Registration in Ohio

MY FIRST POST! Very nice forum!

I need to register my lifen LF200GY-5 in ohio.

I just got it today and assembled it and it runs great. Here is the ebay listing where I bought it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...072694351&rd=1

I bought it from: jdimerchandise and it took 1 week and 1 day to arrive to me in Ohio.

Anyways I got a certificate of origin that is not filled out in the "distribution-dealer assignement". In other words a blank certificate of origin with only my bike info.

I took the blank Certificate of Origin down the title agency and they said I need a bill of sale.

It stated in the ebay ad that I would get " certificate of origin and MSO". I got a certificate of origin but it is not filled out and I'm not sure what the MSO is or if it is on the same certificate.

I've read that jdimerchandise is not a certified dealer and I'm not sure if he is able to give me a bill of sale?

I'm not sure where I need to go from here. I emailed him asking about the bill of sale. I bought it with paypal so I would have a receipt. I'm not sure what all info a bill of sale has.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Chet

Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Manufacturers Statement/Certificate of orgin is MSO/MCO.Seller should have filled out everything and sent you a bill of sale.Stay on them about getting it corrected.An incomplete MSO is not valid.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #3

Did you pay by credit card... ?
Ebay had a dispute center. That might be the place to start.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #4

how hard is it to get it approved by an inspector?

Is that all I would need to do?

Does the certificate of origin need to be notarized and have a dealer license number on it?

I'm wondering if I could fill it out and take it down? I know all the answers to the blanks, except to dealer license number (which I don't think he is a licensed dealer).

I paid per paypal.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #5

Isn't your credit card statment a bill of sale?

Old 07-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to maf119l
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
Isn't your credit card statment a bill of sale?
Credit card statement wont pass as a bill of sale.It's only proof of payment.Bill of sale must include buyer,seller and price paid.He needs to stay on the seller to correct it.Not let him screw him or others.He should also contact his local dmv to find out everything that is needed,including what is required on the MCO/MSO.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #7

I needed to take a picture of my EPA sticker on my Lifan which it had (and it was a chinese lifan).

I had to gather up my information about the sale and prepare a bill of sale statement (with sellers name, address and signature, buyers name address and signature, vin number, mileage, model number, and description) The right website ( http://www.free-legal-document.com/f...l-of-sale.html ) and microsoft frontpage helped insert and delete what I did and didn't want. I then asked the seller what name he wanted to sign and then faxed the papers to him, he signed and he sent them back to me (any name and anyones signature would have worked).

I took a picture of the vin number and mileage along just for safe measure but she didn't even pay attention to it that much.

I also had the Certificate of Origin document that came with the bike - the back of it was not filled out by the seller, which the BMV said that I must have a bill of sale since it was not filled out.

I had to pay 6.25% Ohio tax.

I walked out with my title, got my plates and insurance from progressive (progressive did say there may be a problem with my vin number, but the worse that could happen is that I may need to fax my title to them).

Lifan of America said that I wouldn't be able to get a title in the U.S. for this bike - guess they were wrong. I called them and asked them about the EPA regulations for this bike and asked them if they had EPA documentation and she went on and on saying to send it back because it was not one of their bikes. :roll:

Old 07-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #8

I walked out with my title, got my plates and insurance from progressive (progressive did say there may be a problem with my vin number, but the worse that could happen is that I may need to fax my title to them).

Sweet

Old 05-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #9

Does anyone know, or has anyone registered the RPS Hawk 250 in OHIO?