Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #1

Goldwing and Car Tire

recently purchased a care tire to fit the rear rim of the Goldwing. I first looked for a shop locally to install the tire to rim, but apparently everyone is more worried about liability these days than making a few bucks. I decided to get the Harbor Freight changer set up and try it myself. I was surprised at how easy it was. it took about 70 PSI to set the bead.

Yesterday was the day I decided to install it on the Goldwing. I now hate Honda engineers and need a nice long ride on the GW to remind me how much I love the bike.

it took me about 6 hours in total to get all the stuff off the back end and replace the wheel. I'm sure I can do it quicker the next time. it was a learning experience. part of the time involved was due to removing the tow bar and hitch from the bike. I'm not using it and it was in the way of getting the axle out.

none of it was complicated. I followed a couple youtube videos and tried to take my time. it really took me longer than it should have, but I also learned a lot doing it too.