Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 PM   #1

found a used rx3

Im in the market for new bike since my 09 qlink xp200s transmission took a dump. I found a 2015 rx3 with 3000 miles for $2395 excellent condition. is this worth it .and are these bikes better than the qlinks, which I had my share of problems with. it would be a and street bike

Old 02-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #2

OK, you are asking this on a RX3 forum. Anyone here will have a bias in favor of the RX3. Given that, it's hard to find fault with a one year old bike that only has 3000 miles for $2400. That's about $1K less than a new one and the new ones are priced well below any competition. Thus, price wise you are looking at a very good deal. The real question is what are you expecting? The wrong bike for free is still the wrong bike. If you expect to ride the bike into the sunset for years to come with no maintenance....good luck. Any motorcycle will require maintenance, in this case you have to do it yourself. Maintained, the RX3 has proven itself to be a pretty tough little bike. Take a look at Joe's book, 5,000 miles at 8,000 rpm, or Riding China.

I had a Ducati that depreciated more in the first year than what you will pay for this RX3. My Guzzi did the same. In fact, my Triumph was like that too.

FWIW, I'm at 2800 miles on my RX3 and am very happy with it.

Peter Y.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #3

As long as you're realistic about the RX3's performance, it is a great bike.

About 8K miles on mine so far with no problems.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."