Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #1

Any opinions on the GPX450?

I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm missing something but I'm trying to dig up info on the GPX450, even when I use the search function I don't see anyone talking about it. Seems like this would be a hot topic here. Anyone have any experience with them?

Old 03-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #2

Old 03-08-2021, 01:01 PM   #3

The GPX 450 is top notch by any standard, provided you aren't a professional MX rider looking to compete .For anything short of that it is outstanding. They are relatively expensive though compared to most China bikes which is why "coverage" of them is not great on this site, this is more of a home for the $2k - 2.5K or less variants .There are several review Videos on YouTube , like the one linked above, all of them have nothing but good things to say about the GPX 450 . If you can afford one, you won't regret buying it -
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 03-08-2021, 08:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
The GPX 450 is top notch by any standard, provided you aren't a professional MX rider looking to compete .For anything short of that it is outstanding. They are relatively expensive though compared to most China bikes which is why "coverage" of them is not great on this site, this is more of a home for the $2k - 2.5K or less variants .There are several review Videos on YouTube , like the one linked above, all of them have nothing but good things to say about the GPX 450 . If you can afford one, you won't regret buying it -
Thanks, think I'm gonna go with it. The Brozz 250 sucks on the highway and like I said all the trails I'd go to are via highway. The KLX300 is like the same price and has WAY less power. As I understand it's a kinda sorta husky clone, right? I ask because I wanna get a nice seat for it and no one is offering a GPX seat, i'm assuming/hoping it one of the husky seats will fit? All the other wear items I can think of will be standard stuff right?

Old 03-08-2021, 10:55 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo85 View Post
Thanks, think I'm gonna go with it. The Brozz 250 sucks on the highway and like I said all the trails I'd go to are via highway. The KLX300 is like the same price and has WAY less power. As I understand it's a kinda sorta husky clone, right? I ask because I wanna get a nice seat for it and no one is offering a GPX seat, i'm assuming/hoping it one of the husky seats will fit? All the other wear items I can think of will be standard stuff right?
You're only about a grand short of a KLX450r which will STOMP that gpx in every way.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo85 View Post
That's what I'd get if I were getting a 450 class bike. The motor is not a clone, it's a Zongshen design, but the chassis is effectively a clone of a Husky/KTM, and you can easily swap some of those parts in, as needed. If you have any questions, GPX has great customer service, they're merely a phone call away, and the GPX moto group on Facebook is great.

As for the comparison with a KLX, how easy will that be to get street legal? How often a do pistons need to be replaced, or valves? The GPX is basically a motor designed for street/long term use, so it wipes the floor of any of the big 4 in terms of longevity. I also don't think you'd get better customer service from any dealers out there, GPX is that good!

Plus you don't have to be seen on a carbureted Kawasaki that hasn't been sold in the US for over 10 years, with likely slim to none parts availability in the US

Last edited by franque; 03-09-2021 at 02:43 AM.