Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2022, 04:32 PM   #15

This is a very old thread BUT I'm wondering if you guys ever did get a RX4
.... I did and love it the only real big complaint I can't fix is the enormous weight !
all the rest of my complaints I've finally managed to fix....
the seat height was a big one for me but I got it to 30" or less compressed.
the ride was very harsh.... it's better now with a 500;b spring and a new lowering link I made but it could be softer... ( but I dare not go any softer as the tire will scrape on the rear fender well... so it is what it is now.)
My biggest complaint is the Weight to me it weighs as much as my 1100cc Honda Shadow I had years ago.....it's so heavy it's extremely cumbersome !
the wide back tire has a tendancy to throw off your balance at the worst of times hit a little rock when coming to a stop with the side of the tire and the whole heavy bike all of a sudden leans to the side.......
I think the answer to that problem is lower tire pressure but I am already at MIN on the dash readout but I think I will lower the air pressure anyway !
I've had no problems with the bike as far as crusing goes 70mph is easy for it. faster than that is slow on the uptake....I've done 80mph with it. and it had alot more to go.
the ABS brakes took alot of getting used to.... they scared the heck out of me at first !
but if you burry them in an emergency stop, they will stop you very fast !
.... as far as logging road worthy I would say that is about as far on the dirt as I would want to go with that heavy beast , simply because of the weight.
Bob.........