Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #1

New issue: possible cracked valve rocker arm

The engine in my RX3 started having a loud, clacking or clattering noise when riding to work recently. I turned around and parked it at home, but finally had time to look at it and talk to Gerry at CSC today.

I checked the valve gap again and they are good (.063 mm). So Gerry had me loosen the intake and exhaust tappets all the way and check the play and the smoothness of the rockers, and to examine them for cracks.

The exhaust rocker was smooth as silk, but the intake rocker felt a little sticky or gritty. I didn't see any cracks, but I sent some pics to Gerry and he suspects there may be a crack in the intake valve rocker.

Gerry was awesome and talked me through everything. At this point, a mechanic needs to open it up, and Gerry says this will all be covered under warranty (parts and labor). We're just trying to figure out where to take it.

Pics below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0149.jpg (55.1 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0148.jpg (54.9 KB, 282 views)

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol