Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #1

Couldnt pass up the deal:

Ok,

I woulda preffered a Red Cat. but... I pulled the trigger today on a 200cc Hibird ATV for $900.00 delivered. Since this is my first excursion into ATV land or beyond Enduro... and My girlfriend will ride it... The cheaper the experiment the better.

Supposed to recieve it by this Friday... Monday at the latest.

here's a pic:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/cf/46/a0_12.JPG

It costs $50 less to call the company.

I know there are some other Hi-Bird owners out their.. and this ATV evidently comes with a 167fml engine which I am already familiar with the necessary c-clip adjustments.

I'll let y'all know if this seller is as good as they sound..

NET

Old 03-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #2

Hey Net

Good deal, Looks like at few other knock off but nice for a simple starter quad!
Wonder where it came from because they didn't have one that looked like that at the Dealer Expo.??? They had very little at the show...not that this is a bad thing the show is Super Expensive to display items at.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #3

Seems to me that all the 200 and 250 2WD quads looks exactly alike.
A 250 would be fun to screw around on but I bet all the other quad guys would diss you/me under their breath. They'd probably diss you/me if you had a 700 Raptor and only wanted to cruise trails on it too though.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcycles
Hey Net

Good deal, Looks like at few other knock off but nice for a simple starter quad!
Wonder where it came from because they didn't have one that looked like that at the Dealer Expo.??? They had very little at the show...not that this is a bad thing the show is Super Expensive to display items at.

Bruce
I have spoken with the company reps, and they are very difficult to understand. Bruce, did Tom introduce himself, or you, to the reps?

New England, Tom from RPM carries some of the Hi-Birds, or maybe just the enduros they have, which seem to be either replicas of the Lifan LF200GY-2 (kinda an irony, huh?), or are built under some sort of licensing deal with Lifan. I think I had mentioned on another thread, I was bored one night and Googled Hi-Bird, and tracked them to the (possibly) corporate owner called Hi-Bird Flamingo (they really are for the birds, pun intended :roll: ) and of the dozens of enduros they showed, they had the LIfan GY-5 and Lifan GY-6 as their own (they had just seemed to lift the photos right from Lifan's corporate Chinese site). So, either they are blantantly misleading all of us, which wouldn't surprise me, or they are making Lifan's bikes under some sort of cooperative deal. To further confuse all of us, they have a US headquarters in OK City, and as Bruce mentioned, they had a presence at the Indy show, so how they can blatantly rip off Lifan is very interesting to say the least!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #5

Net,
Looks awsome, let me know when you paint it black...J/K...
It's so hard to tell who makes what and who sells who, It is important to know who has parts...4-wheelers seem to be a gamble as no 2 are created equally(So many out there) Keep us posted as to your endevour, I'd love one of those...

Old 03-21-2007, 06:24 AM   #6

Quote:
A 250 would be fun to screw around on but I bet all the other quad guys would diss you/me under their breath.
Probably true, but I see at trend nowadays to bigger and bigger quads that is getting simply ridiculous. 7-800cc v-twins? Come on! We're riding the same trails they were 30 years ago, why the sudden need for so much horsepower. I can load/unload my 300ex without a ramp (not fun, but I've done it). Most, if not all 500cc+ machines should never leave the yard without a winch since they are impossible to get unstuck by hand.

If you can't kick it off yourself in a roll-over its just too big.

/end of rant

A 200-250cc class machine is a good fit. Light and easy to handle. I'm curious to see how it holds up since ATV's tend to get a lot more abuse than the DS bikes.

Keep us posted.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #7

i would agree if just trail riding .at my old house i had a driveway 1/4 to 1/2 mile long dang near straight up and down. i had a yamaha gizzly 660 w/ a winch and plow just for snow removal and hauling fire wood. honestly i didn't do much trail riding.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #8

Quote:
at my old house i had a driveway 1/4 to 1/2 mile long dang near straight up and down. i had a yamaha gizzly 660 w/ a winch and plow just for snow removal and hauling fire wood. honestly i didn't do much trail riding.
You are one of the rare individuals who actually have a need for such power. When it comes to plowing bigger is usually better.

Most of the weekend warrior types I see around here use the 'utility' argument to justify to their wife why they 'need' a 700cc bike. The biggest thing they usually haul around is a six-pack.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 03-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
yea, my buddies had raptor 660's and the kfx700 and whatnot.. i had the 240cc stroked and bored blaster 2 stroke.. so much more fun to toss around out on the trails.. the only thing that they had on me was straightaway power, and reverse with electric start.. nothing like trying to get a modded blaster started in 10 degree snowy weather when you are stuck in a creek!

or when you get stuck and have to drag it up a hill because there is no reverse..

other then that, the small atv's are fun, the banshee is just insanely fast, but nimble and brakes that stop on a dime and leave change.. The raptor 350 is ok, but a little sluggish compared to my blaster in handling...

I love the 2 stroke atv's the powerband is just so much fun once you get some mods on them...

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #10

my quad / gut was to big for a six pack usally a case. never opened til riden was dun.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #11

well,,

Culcune interestingly enough, this atv is being shipped from Edmond Oklahoma just outside of Oklahoma city,.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220094683735

I wanted to justify a 700 cc, but I'll be damned if she is gonna have more power than me when we go trail riding and the expense was nuts. Even looked at a leftover 06 400 Honda rancher. But it still was 6 times more than I'm spending now. Its primarily for my girlfriend as she is having difficulty multitasking, balancing and avoiding jagged slippery rocks on a two wheeler. She won't be the one to beat it to death though. Its the 15 yo that loves playing GTA that goes all out whenever a throttle is involved lol..

Hmm.. Ambassador.. I actually ordered a blue atv.. I coulda got black, but that would not have matched the helmet I have for her lol.

Anyone tried painting a helmet?

Pumpkin.. I'm hoping to find a way to strap at least a 12 pack on her atv.

NET

Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM   #12

A guy brought one of these to the biz tonight. Looked good for the price. He's had it about a month or so and broke a front spindle and he said he doesn't jump it any.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #13

front spindle

So savage,

Were you able to help out the dude with broken front spindle?

I may have to visit your shop if I have a similar problem!

NET

Old 03-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #14

Culcune

Quote:
I have spoken with the company reps, and they are very difficult to understand. Bruce, did Tom introduce himself, or you, to the reps?
Well, Tom actually got further ahead of me in The Chinese Pavilion, Ya see I peek ma beta Chinglish dan Tom do so i talk to dem.

One thing all of you have to understand...China has No Copyright laws...so taking from another's site does not matter.

Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 03-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #15

Re: front spindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandTrails
So savage,

Were you able to help out the dude with broken front spindle?

I may have to visit your shop if I have a similar problem!

NET
I called Lifan but they wouldn't sell us the part since the guy didn't buy through Lifan. In other words, if someone gets a smokin' good deal through the "grey market" its up to you to get a good deal on the parts you need.

I think someone could make some money buying an ATV or whatever and then parting it out. People do it all the time in the R/C world.