Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2022, 02:53 PM   #1

2022 1/2 Templar x for sale

Changed my mind. I'm keeping it.

Black. Just had this delivered Tues, 11 Oct. Assembled, oil changed (Delvac 15-40) before first start. Starts fine with the choke when cold, choke not need when warm. Sounds good, rides great. I'm bleeding the brakes today. Speedo is in KM, has 9 KM on it. Lights work, horn works, seat is way better than I expected. I fixed the sticky starter button and chased the threads on the air filter hold down screw. There are a couple of scratches on the plastics (OEM...), and small scratch on the swing arm (also original).

I read the entire Templar X thread before ordering it. After the charge dropped off my card, I emailed XPro and got no answer. I ordered and received a KPX-250. The templar showed up the next week.

MSO has motorcycle on it, I have not registered it. The KPX was walk in and walk out with plates (and less money) in Washington State.

Talk to me, I am not giving it away, but if you get this for what I paid for it, you will save $400 from the Amazon price. And you will be able to see what you are getting...

Last edited by pathn; 03-16-2023 at 07:05 PM. Reason: changed my mind

Old 10-20-2022, 09:56 PM   #2

Pics Price Location? How do you like the KPX?

Old 10-21-2022, 11:18 AM   #3

We (the bike and I) are in Westport, WA. I am leaving for Mexico early Saturday morning. It now has a Washington plate and registration. It also has a few more KMs on it. The brakes are starting to work, I've have idle right (after it's warm). I like they way it goes through semi rough stuff without drama. The seat is way better than padded 2x4, I'm asking 2400.

I like to KPX a lot. It works. It's stable at highway speeds, it has enough torque to have some acceleration. It gets really good fuel economy. The riding position fits me. The seat is good. I like the fuel injection. Push the start button and it starts and runs. The front brake is good enough for the tires, the rear brake is should be better than it is (I don't hardly use rear brakes on a motorcycle, so the pads may not be seated yet)

I did have to chase some theaded holes, and bolts with a tap and die. I'd rather it didn't take every metric tool I have, I'd like another gallon gas capacity, and it does a bit of a high vibration in the foot pegs at 6500 and above. My feet are a little big for the shifter/rear brake (I moved and bent the shifter and it's better). I think the rack mounting is a bit dumb.

I am glad I bought it.

I also like the Templar, but it's different bike, more suited to hot dogging than the KPX. I'd have liked it better twenty years ago. That said, I'm totally willing to spend some time on it and make it a more dirt oriented adv style bike.