Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #1

Help dr125 exaust

Need a new exaust for a baja motorsports dirt runner 125cc anybody have a link or know what will fit ? Or should I just bust out my crappy harbor freight flux core

Old 01-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #2

Your original exhaust looks to be intact; is it cracked? Maybe an old XR125 exhaust would do the trick.
I suspect that an old XR185/200 exhaust could be modified to work (not the XR200R version). The exhaust systems used on current Honda-cloned China bikes could also be modified to fit, like the Hawk.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #3

Thanks . The mid pipe bracket that goes to the frame cracked compleaty off ( I have a fix for that ) and the pipe to muffler weld cracked compleaty around. Now it's a slip on lol

Old 01-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #4

Since you can fix the bracket, maybe you'd like to just grab a cheap slip-on and call it a win.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #5

That's what I am thinking. How do I attach the slip on exaust the one I am looking at looks like it has set screws. How does it seal. The bracket I'm going to weld if I can get my welder back if it still works I loaned it to a buddy a few years ago. If not I will make a stand off and use High temperature clamp

Old 01-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #6

Some slip-ons clamp on, some are retained with springs and some use set screws. Before you go that direction, what's wrong with the existing muffler?

Old 01-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #7

The weld cracked compleaty around the pipe to muffler joint the pipe is still goes into the muffler but it leaks a lot and is louder than it was before. Also the mid pipe bracket to the frame cracked in 2 .plus the whole exaust is pretty rusty so I can take the Opportunity To clean it and paint it with some high temp paint.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:27 PM   #8

i have the same problem and i wanted to know what size slip on might work if i cut the old muffler off the person i bought it from took the baffle out and cleaned all the packing out and now there's a ring finger sized hole in the muffler near the front where its welded

Old 04-06-2021, 03:10 PM   #9

I have a few Vipers and have the same problem. Just pull out the crappy welder, or find someone like Weldangrind

Old 04-06-2021, 05:54 PM   #10

The exhaust bends are not the same

Viper
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Viper2.jpeg (45.6 KB, 105 views)