Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2018, 03:29 AM   #1

Hawk 250 New And Damaged

Well guys got a hawk w50 from good old texas power sports man wat an experience guys hardly any English talking people couldn't understand me at all but we got it done I asked them please send and inspect my bike before shipping for rust bent parts broke parts scratches they assured me their services r top notch and I would have my item in 5 days I felt this was awesome so I spent the extra money 2 have them put it 2gether $1500 then I bought $400 worth of mods when it got here well took longer than 5 days but that was okay I called asked how 2 break it in and there knowlegable staff couldn't understand my English finally they understood after multiple try and had no idea how 2 break it in and 3 people there told me 3 different ways so I contacted someone that actually knows outside of their company so I was good then they didn't know the oil weight so figured that out myself so huh, thinking 2 myself well the big day so excited I cut the straps the bike falls on top of my sister with a bone disease she was on the opposite side and totally protected the bike how lucky am I anyways I guess they thought it would be funny 2 not tell me the bikes kickstand would be up and the bike not supported awesome I love surprises anyways back 2 the big day I ripped everything off this is awesome someone that put it 2gether pre dropped it for me 2 test it at Texas motorsports these guys r top notch anyways the clutch was broke in half handle bar bent scratches all over the bike dented gas tank and the best yet rust that they kindly painted over for me so it wouldn't look so bad in the rear fender well and I looked more and found bad welds with rust behind them the bike also had the rust inside the tube of the frame this is awesome anyways I called good old texas motorsports and called and called and called all day and got told a million things and I would be contacted by a manager and never heard from anyone okay, enough of the bull I'm pissed these guys r jerks the bike came 2 me destroyed with rust and they don't care what should I do guys please help i spent a lot for me money wise on these and its a major let down the rust upsets me the most do these bikes usually have rust on the frame and inside the tube frame? That I am very curious about could the hawk 250 guys chime in please way would u guys do I can get the parts replaced I'm sure and I guess touch up the paint but way about the rust is this normal on these cheap bikes my monstermoto mmb212 has zero rust on its frame and its cheaper than this and the frame is from China sorry for the long post I'm just very aggravated please guys way should I do? Ill post pics when I figure it out

Old 03-24-2018, 03:31 AM   #2

Sorry anyone know how 2 post pics?

Old 03-24-2018, 05:22 AM   #3

Ok, first, try breaking up your messages a little bit. Your post is very hard to read and comprehend. I am not trying to be mean or attack you, so please don't take it that way.

Anyway, the breakdown. You ordered a Hawk 250 from Texas Powersports, you received a damaged bike with surface rust in a few spots and, no surprise, they aren't very cooperative or friendly. Txpowersports is a joke when it comes to customer service, and they treat people like crap. I have dealt with them and received the same treatment - the owner/manager is an asshat, but I digress.

Your options.

1. Beat your head against the wall trying to get them to make good on sending you new parts to fix the damage under warranty.

2. IF you purchased via credit card or with a loan through a bank, file a claim through said bank. Trust me, if the seller doesn't make things right, you WILL get your money back.

3. Fix the bike with your own money. The fuel tank will be the most expensive thing to replace, so hopefully they at least send you a new tank. Handlebars are cheap, and you can use this as a chance to upgrade to different bars.

The rust can be an easy fix if it is just surface rust. Sand it back and hit it with some chassis paint or even just a gloss spray paint if you feel super cheap.

What do you mean by bad welds? are they cracked? The welds on these frames aren't going to be pretty looking, but as long as they aren't cracked, I wouldn't worry. If they are cracked, refer to option 1, and/or 2 as they sold you an unsafe vehicle.

As far as posting picture, you can either attach images through the "manage attachments" under additional options below where you type your post, or use an [ I M G ] link here [ / I M G ] tag if the pictures are already hosted elsewhere. Just remove the spaces on the tags, and put your picture link between them.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #4

I think Megadans reply is measured and a good way to go. My question is, "Who is a good dealership for Hawks and their parts/service?" My bike is an RPS Hawk, does that mean Ricks Power Sports imports and distributes all these bikes? Lately I have seen two 2017 Hawks for sale on our local Craigs List @ $1800 and $1900 respectively. Is it likely these bikes were shipped direct from China in say a batch of 5, and the seller is trying to offload 4, to get a free bike himself? It is of little wonder that people go to CSC as a safe place to buy. Their continued presence must be reassuring to many, including myself ( as a parts source in my case).

Old 03-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #5

This is is easier to read
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectomite View Post
Well guys got a hawk w50 from good old texas power sports, man what an experience these guys hardly speak any English.

Talking to these people they couldn't understand me at all, but we got it done. I asked them please send and inspect my bike before shipping it for rust and bent /broke parts and scratches. They assured me their services are top notch and I would have my item in 5 days.

I felt this was awesome so I spent the extra money to have them put it together for $1500, I also bought $400 worth of mods.

When it got here well took longer than 5 days but that was okay I called asked how to break it in and there knowledgeable staff couldn't understand my English, finally they understood after multiple tries.

They had no idea how to break it in and three people there told me three different ways, so I contacted someone that actually knows outside of their company.

I was good then they didn't know the oil weight so figured that out myself.

So huh, thinking to myself well the big day came and I was so excited when I cut the straps the bike falls on top of my sister who has a bone disease.

She was on the opposite side and totally protected the bike how lucky am I?

Anyways I guess they thought it would be funny to not tell me the bikes kickstand would be up and the bike not supported awesome.

I love surprises anyways back to the big day I ripped everything off this is awesome someone that put it together pre dropped it for me to test it at Texas motorsports these guys are top notch.

Anyways the clutch was broke in half, the handle bars bent, scratches all over the bike a dented gas tank and the best yet rust that they kindly painted over for me so it wouldn't look so bad in the rear fender well.

I looked more and found bad welds with rust behind them the bike also had the rust inside the tube of the frame this is awesome.

Anyways I called good old texas motorsports and called and called and called all day and got told a million things and I would be contacted by a manager and never heard from anyone okay, enough of the bull I'm pissed these guys are jerks.

The bike came to me destroyed with rust and they don't care what should I do guys? Please help I spent a lot of money for me on these, and it's a major let down. The rust upsets me the most do these bikes usually have rust on the frame and inside the tube frame?

That I am very curious about could the hawk 250 guys chime in please what would u guys do?

I can get the parts replaced I'm sure and I guess touch up the paint but what about the rust? Is this normal on these cheap bikes my monstermoto mmb212 has zero rust on its frame and its cheaper than this. The frame is from China.

Sorry for the long post I'm just very aggravated please guys way should I do? Ill post pics when I figure it out

Old 03-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #6

Thanks magaden and lol, no offence took not real good at this ill try and post better and break it up I was just furious posting that. Wow goat67 thanks also that is more readable how did u seperate that I don't c how 2 do that. But I appreciate u guys answering me back I'm pretty depressed about this and 2 magaden ya I found out texaspowersports sucked after I ordered I just went with who the hawk 250 site recommend what mistake. But some good advice ur rite I can fix it cheap and that's not wat im worried about its the rust its painted over from the factory and behind welds where u can't get 2 and treat it and inside the actual tubing of the frame u would have 2 take the bike apart 2 dip the frame it looks like. I don't know if this is normal or not with such a cheap bike I would think not. Now the welds r horrible and a few look unsafe but I could have it fixed its this rust honestly I will post pics I'm just sick over this. I heard people saying these bikes r junk and didn't believe it cause they r a bargain so I bought the mmb212 1st and 2nd time I drove it had major bearing failer and flipped me off of it brand new bike. Anyways its sitting broke while I deal with monster moto on it $800 sitting there. At least the frame is non rusted. And now I have the hawk busted and rusted on delivery sitting there $1500. I could have got a Kawasaki 250 for $5000 in town with my mods I bought $400 for the hawk that coulda got me there close for a quality bike. I know this is the China bike forum but this don't look good for a 1st time buyer of these bikes I think I will take ur advice and try and get my money back on these through the bank. I like a bargain but they r all busted does me no good wished I would have had a better experience. So who is a safe supplier that sells these bikes? Maybe I could try them if I can even get a refund. But if this frame rust is normal I would rather get a Kawasaki at the local dealer that's just a big 1 for me. Okay thanks guys I'm going 2 post some pics c way u think about the damage and rust.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:30 AM   #7

Here r some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0323182017.jpg (91.7 KB, 683 views)
File Type: jpg 0323182018b.jpg (100.6 KB, 676 views)
File Type: jpg 0323181600a.jpg (94.5 KB, 672 views)
File Type: jpg 0323182017a.jpg (99.0 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg 0323181601.jpg (96.4 KB, 668 views)

Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #8

Wat u can't really c is the rust is in places I can't get 2 behind welds. I'm going 2 try and take some better pics but this is way u get from texaspowersports guys hard lesson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0323182017_HDR.jpg (90.9 KB, 669 views)
File Type: jpg 0323181601a.jpg (89.6 KB, 677 views)
File Type: jpg 0323181600a.jpg (94.5 KB, 667 views)

Old 03-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #9

Sorry guys if I got duplicates hard 2 c the images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0323182019a.jpg (96.8 KB, 669 views)
File Type: jpg 0323181600a.jpg (94.5 KB, 654 views)
File Type: jpg 0323181601a.jpg (89.6 KB, 657 views)

Old 03-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #10

I cant help with the paint damage or surface rust, but I can help you with the clutch lever housing. I just took mine off when I upgraded my controls. You are more than welcome to it if you want to go that route, just pay the shipping on it, which I can make as cheap as possible by sending you only the portion that is broken on yours. Just swap all of the good bits from yours over to it and you are good to go. Assuming you don't end up returning it via your bank resolution.

If you do get your money back, then I suggest Killermotorsport as a good option. I bought my bike through them, and everything went smoothly. I haven't heard of any issues with them either, and they always answered me back when I had a question. They also ship through SAIA, which is one of the best LTL freight companies out there. I am sure there are one or two other sellers out there, but that is my recommendation from my own experience.

Also, word of advice if you do order again through somewhere else. Do not sign for the delivery until you have inspected the crate for damage. This way, if necessary, you can refuse delivery due to damage if there is any evidence the shipping crate has been hit, crushed, or other potential harm to the bike.

As far as the surface rust inside the frame tubes. Mine has some too. The frames are untreated steel, so they flash rust eventually. I actually used a sprayer to spray the inside of my exposed frame tubes with boiled linseed oil, and then drained the excess. This is an old common practice in the aviation world to rust proof aircraft tube frame structures.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #11

I would contact RPS directly; tell them about the bike and see what can they do for you. RPS is the sole US distributor of the Hawk and is based in Texas near one of these crap dealers (there are a few owned by the same guy throughout the state from what I understand). Manny, or 'Manny', is a member here on Chinariders, but I haven't seen him post in quite a long time. You might be able to shame him here if you can find the handle he uses. That might also get some action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
My question is, "Who is a good dealership for Hawks and their parts/service?" My bike is an RPS Hawk, does that mean Ricks Power Sports imports and distributes all these bikes? Lately I have seen two 2017 Hawks for sale on our local Craigs List @ $1800 and $1900 respectively. Is it likely these bikes were shipped direct from China in say a batch of 5, and the seller is trying to offload 4, to get a free bike himself? .
Ricky Power Sports is the one and only distributor for the Hawk. Long gone is the day when one could order a few pieces of bikes to sell. This is thanks to the EPA clampdowns, brought on by numerous distributors trying to game the system. I shouldn't say that bringing in a few pieces cannot be done, but it would take a manufacturer in China holding on to an EPA certificate who is not already distributing themselves or via a distributor here. I have seen a couple random bikes over the years on the EPA certification lists that never ended up, meaning that one could have ordered small batches, but generally the factories in China want to sell container loads. Also, RPS is actually a division of Hensim/Haosen, not some guy named Ricky importing a bunch of bikes including the Hawk. Haosen/Hensim are the manufactures for the Hawk and the Magician as well as the Viper 150 dirt bike, as well as a few of the quads. Not much different than when they were Hensim out of the L.A. area, but they got into trouble with the EPA so pulled out of the market. Now they are back as RPS (and offer several manufacturers' bikes).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #12

Sorry about this! That bike looks TERRIBLE! Brings back memories of another member here, who's single issue with them was compelling enough to make me want to NEVER spend my money with them. The other guys are covering your problems very well so I won't comment on that. But what I will add is this. FOLKS LISTEN UP! These online and smaller local dealers ARE NOT a dealer like the caliber of the BIG Japanese, Euro, and AMERICAN bike dealers! They are simply a FLY BY NIGHT merchant selling motorcycles that ALOT of them know nothing about. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, pay these SHADE TREE at best bike dealers to assemble your bike, NEVER. You would be better off paying a local reputable motorcycle shop to assemble it for you. From what I've seen these bikes are packed VERY well from the factory. When these guys take them out of the factory crate the bike is WORSE off than if they just leave it in the crate. Not to mention the crating they do to send it to you after their SO CALLED professional assembly is a JOKE!! If anyone here is close to me and doesn't have the know how, I would GLADLY offer my time to help you assemble your factory crated bike! PLEASE don't let these guys put your bike together! Now CSC is another story, their assembly service seems top notch. Just my .02

Old 03-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #13

OH, and by the pics maybe "The Manny" may have sent another floor model bike?? Are there any miles or clicks (Kilometers) showing on the odometer?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:22 AM   #14

Well quick update guys contacted texaspowersports through e-mail cause for some reason they don't allow this over the phone. But sent the pics said that was 2 many things wrong and if I wanted replacement of everything I had 2 dismantle the bike and send all pieces 2 them at my expense. This is bull crap its not my fault I'm going 2 call 2moro about this again. Also they keep not saying anything about all the rust I found on the bike I kinda want them 2 ship a whole new bike. So don't know if u guys could get the parts would u just keep the bike with that rust in the above pics in the frame and behind the welds? Also thanks magaden I mite be needing that part ill get back with u on it. And thanks everyone for ur input. Will update after 2moro want this resolved.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:11 AM   #15

Seems like all these companies selling these bikes just have them drop shipped from some warehouse.

My advise is start out by saying you contacted your credit card company for a charge back and if they don't respond then you will process it, BUT state you will require them to pay for shipping the bike back.

When i wasn't getting any response, i did this and all was solved ASAP. On a side note, take to Facebook with your complaints. I got a fast response when i started sharing my experience on their homepage.

Seems pretty common that people buy a bike and the company won't talk to them to help fix the issues. I am still waiting on a new gas tank and oil pan bolt for mine.

Good luck man!