Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #16

Like a Dog on a bone... Sent email after email and phone calls after phone calls.

RPS sent me a Frame, Swing Arm mounted with Shock, plastic and some other parts hanging on the frame.

They did not have any Dust Seals to send me and they sent a Silver frame. I will just have one of the guys in the shop powder coat it maybe since they fixed the original bent frame.

I just don't understand how Ricky Power Sports LLC stays in business The Welding on the frame and Bolts not tight all thru the Viper and some stripped. Over all a very poor quality motorcycle, but I come from the world of Japan Bikes. Only good part on the Viper so far is the Engine.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideMI View Post
Like a Dog on a bone... Sent email after email and phone calls after phone calls.

RPS sent me a Frame, Swing Arm mounted with Shock, plastic and some other parts hanging on the frame.

They did not have any Dust Seals to send me and they sent a Silver frame. I will just have one of the guys in the shop powder coat it maybe since they fixed the original bent frame.

I just don't understand how Ricky Power Sports LLC stays in business The Welding on the frame and Bolts not tight all thru the Viper and some stripped. Over all a very poor quality motorcycle, but I come from the world of Japan Bikes. Only good part on the Viper so far is the Engine.
That's really a shame. The Hensim DB150's (basically same as Viper) are what got me in to CB's years ago. We had two and they were awesome. Hoasen must be slacking these days or something. The welds on the Hensims were better than I was expecting and no major defects anywhere.

I hope you get this all worked out soon.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #18

Sounds like they should have just sent you another bike.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:37 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's really a shame. The Hensim DB150's (basically same as Viper) are what got me in to CB's years ago. We had two and they were awesome. Hoasen must be slacking these days or something. The welds on the Hensims were better than I was expecting and no major defects anywhere.

I hope you get this all worked out soon.
After looking at a Hensim picture you posted in 2010 it looks basically the same with less parts and maybe a different style frame.

I don't think Hoasen is slacking but are now buy parts at the lowest cost possible and quality of the parts is not in the business plan because they know people over here will buy based on price. So they are cutting corners anywhere they can to keep the lowest price like using bent frames, scratched up engines and bad fit and finished parts and laughing all the way to the bank saying, dumb American's, they will buy anything if the product is at a cheaper price. Wait that's me

Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Sounds like they should have just sent you another bike.
Yes they should have but they said I would have to pay shipping back to them and later said they don't have any Vipers in stock.

Rangerscott, I was going to be a dealer/service center here in Michigan for RPS That would have been a stupid and $$$$ move.