Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwhitez31 View Post
what are your suggestions for the carb? is there a way to enlarge the jets i have without having to buy a "performance" carb?
For sure. With a numbered drill bit index, you can enlarge the jets as much as you wish. What size main jet is in there now?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #17

Quote:
i actually have plans for this motor if i can get it to start and run reliably, was thinking of converting it to electric start and putting it on a flat cart (solid frame single pan go-kart with the sprockets from a honda cbr 600 (14&41 tooth combo) to have some fun with at car shows etc
Another motor that already has electric start is not too expensive, and that would allow you to keep this bike in one piece as well.

I like your idea of building a kart for car shows. The most creative kart I saw (at the local track) was built using the body of a wheelbarrow, and it formed a tub like an early Model T hot rod. Awesome!

If you head in that direction, please start a new thread on it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #18

So i looked down inside the muffler just a minute ago and its literally just a can welded to the pipe and has a removable baffle (which is beat all to hell but very open and clog free). So im now baffled (haha see what i did there? Lol) as to why its not running right. Im going to order a new cdi and coil tonight and see if that makes a difference when they arrive.

I honestly have no idea what the sizes of the jets are, though i could probably measure them with my calipers.

As for the cart, im on an extremely tight budget because business is really slow right now thats why i was looking at an electric start conversion. I have a line on a cart frame for $50 and i can make the mounts , shifter, etc myself. Was actually looking at the parts on the bike and i can use the foot brake arm and pedal for the shifter and it already has spots for linkage to mount to... lol. Another reason i want use this motor is for the 4speed. Most of the elec. Start motors ive looked at were 3spd with reverse which would be nice but i can live without reverse lol.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:49 PM   #19

Quote:
So im now baffled (haha see what i did there? Lol) as to why its not running right.
I genuinely laughed out loud when I read that.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #20

Quote:
I honestly have no idea what the sizes of the jets are, though i could probably measure them with my calipers.
The jets should be stamped with the size. You can't measure them with calipers, since it's the ID in question. You can get a rough idea by inserting bits from a numbered drill bit index and then converting the decimal to metric.

Have you actually removed the jets and cleaned them? Have you blasted the jet passages with carb cleaner? That might be the fix.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #21

Quote:
As for the cart, im on an extremely tight budget because business is really slow right now thats why i was looking at an electric start conversion. I have a line on a cart frame for $50 and i can make the mounts , shifter, etc myself. Was actually looking at the parts on the bike and i can use the foot brake arm and pedal for the shifter and it already has spots for linkage to mount to... lol. Another reason i want use this motor is for the 4speed. Most of the elec. Start motors ive looked at were 3spd with reverse which would be nice but i can live without reverse lol.
I bought a brand new China 110 with electric start and a four speed for $110. You should certainly be able to find a used one for less. That said, three speeds plus reverse would be a good thing.

Keep an eye on the free section of CL; you never know what you might find for kart materials. You might even find the perfect rusted wheelbarrow for a body. A dead lawn tractor would also be a good donor.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #22

Quote:
i just bought a 70cc dirt runner but i need a new muffler and they dont make it anymore cant find anyone that has it, can i put a alternative muffler pipe on it then just buy muffler to attach it can anyone send me a link where to get it of does ebay have it thanks Mario
I recently installed a new muffler and header on a Baja Dirt Runner 50, and it was very simple. The cost of a new muffler is about the same as a complete system. Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Muffler-Exha...171caa&vxp=mtr

The plastics are removed in the pic, so it's easy to see how it's mounted.

Name:  Cam's Baja.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  98.6 KB