Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #1

Fraser Valley riding areas

re-post from Ride section

Fraser valley ride site
http://www.ultrawashlaundry.com/rides.htm
information is gathered from the Chilliwack Forest Disctrict and from TeamGrizzly.ca

Old 05-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #2

Thanks for the info Molypod

Old 08-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #3

http://teamgrizzly.ca/ridingareas/ridingareasindex.html

Just a reminder to all to be responsible. If webpages are being taken down, voluntarily or otherwise, our sport and our trails will evaporate. It's hard enough here in the metro Vancouver area to find areas relatively close to ride (within 1 hours travel time) KEEP SMART, KEEP SAFE, KEEP HAVING FUN :!:

Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #4

Hey Partsdude,

I read that rant on the website and thanks for sharing. It's unfortunate the moronic actions of a few ruin the fun for others. I'd like to take my family out for trail rides in a safe manner, but always wonder if the thrill seekers in the world will come around a corner too fast and smoke me or my kids because of an "I don't care attitude"

I'm interested to know of some safe, easy trails in the area that families can go to, but fear if anyone tells me in a public forum that'll be ruined immediately but the above mentioned clowns. I guess the hardcore folks will say to me "Stay away novice" but somehow there's a happy medium!

Old 07-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #5

all these websites are down. Do you have an alternative link ?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #6

Two year old posting so I don't have another link.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #7

http://www.ultrawashlaundry.com/Rides.htm

Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #8

Who says there is no life after death?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #9

here in texas we have a few places that allow you to bring in your bikes, quads, rock crawlers and more.. then ride out and find your own place to camp.. havent gone yet but it sounds like my kind of camping trip.. pack up the quads, ride out and setup camp then spend the days riding...

these places here do have their own security as well as state park rangers, and are very strict about the rules.. like noise violations after 9pm will get you a warning, and the 2nd time kicked out on the spot.. speeding through the speed limited areas will get you kicked out first violation..

try and find places like that around you

Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #10

I don't know of any area that aren't on your website, but I was wondering what the status of the reiding area in Maple Ridge I believe it was Mcnutt.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Hey Partsdude,

I read that rant on the website and thanks for sharing. It's unfortunate the moronic actions of a few ruin the fun for others. I'd like to take my family out for trail rides in a safe manner, but always wonder if the thrill seekers in the world will come around a corner too fast and smoke me or my kids because of an "I don't care attitude"

I'm interested to know of some safe, easy trails in the area that families can go to, but fear if anyone tells me in a public forum that'll be ruined immediately but the above mentioned clowns. I guess the hardcore folks will say to me "Stay away novice" but somehow there's a happy medium!
we found that the caroline mine area is good for kids and newbs (south side of the coquihalla) tons of wide areas and roads for kids to get the practice they need plus there are some tailing piles there that can provide some fun for messin around.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #12

I'm gonna check that out. I drove by there today en route to Kamloops, and there's still plenty of snow. I expect that most of it will be gone in a couple of weeks. Snow starts around the Sowaqua Creek area.

midlifekrisiz, is there a decent unloading area there? Are vehicles fairly secure at that spot? BTW, that's what I love about Nickelmine; it's gated.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #13

How is the camping at nicklemine?

Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #14

They have several camping stalls, but no actual facilities, other than outhouses. The popular setup is to use an old Class C motorhome and tow your machines.

I choose not to stay in a tent up there. I'm a lot happier with some sheet metal around me.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I'm gonna check that out. I drove by there today en route to Kamloops, and there's still plenty of snow. I expect that most of it will be gone in a couple of weeks. Snow starts around the Sowaqua Creek area.

midlifekrisiz, is there a decent unloading area there? Are vehicles fairly secure at that spot? BTW, that's what I love about Nickelmine; it's gated.
when you turn off the coquihalla ( on your right) you hang a left and travel east past a bridge on your right then on for a couple of km and you can off load next to the first bridge (at the base) a fairly good area (one of our pics with the atv's unloaded) or can carry on another couple of km's over a small bridge and get to a better area.

we will have to meet you there one of these weekends in the spring