Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #1

New Hampshire Riders??

Anyone ride the streets of New Hampshire? I ordered a Hellcat 125, not too sure how Grom groups feel about a "replica rider" so I figured I 'd check the scene in here first... I know we still have a bunch of snow and its freezing out, but figured I'd get a jump on trying find some locals with Chinese bikes.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcstriker29 View Post
Anyone ride the streets of New Hampshire? I ordered a Hellcat 125, not too sure how Grom groups feel about a "replica rider" so I figured I 'd check the scene in here first... I know we still have a bunch of snow and its freezing out, but figured I'd get a jump on trying find some locals with Chinese bikes.
Most Grom owners I know are too busy having fun to care about what you are riding, a Chinese knockoff or the real thing... who cares... that's a lot more time to practice them low HP wheelies

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #3

I rode my hawk 250 to work for the first time today. My route was through lyndeborough, Wilton, Milford and Amherst NH. Went into Brookline as well for some parts.
Are you around this area?

Old 03-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #4

I have a Hawk and live in Candia NH. I've taken the Hawk to work and some short commutes. I haven't had it out yet this year, I will soon, hopefully this weekend!

Tom

Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #5

I'm further north, about an hour north west of Concord... I was going to register mine tomorrow, but because its still march, they'll charge me for the month of march, plus after this weekend I'll be working 6 days a week down in Portsmouth and the weather looks crummy, so I might wait until work slows back down and I have time to ride! Looking forward to better weather. I've seen a few people out riding the big bikes, they looked COLD LOL but now I know why they do it! haha

Old 03-31-2018, 01:18 PM   #6

What we should do is organize a hawk/china bike ride up Mt. Washington this spring/summer. That would be a ton of fun. Even in the fall. Foliage is pretty nice up there.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesaw View Post
What we should do is organize a hawk/china bike ride up Mt. Washington this spring/summer. That would be a ton of fun. Even in the fall. Foliage is pretty nice up there.
I'm down with that, I can ride from my place to Lincoln and take the Kanc up. That would be an ALL day journey for sure but yeah lots of fun. I was thinking of doing that trip a little later in the summer. A buddy of mine ordered his Hellcat 125 and upgrades too, as long as it was on a Sunday, he'd probably be down with that trip too. I have a few other friends that have "big" bikes lol that want to make the trip too if thats cool

Old 03-31-2018, 02:38 PM   #8

I got my bike registered today, it wasn't smooth as a car, but not as bad as I thought... the Origin Cert has body style as ATV so I thought that was going to be a problem, then their system didn't want to take the VIN number, and it didn't have Taotao as a manufacture, but they said when I get the title it should be correct... As long as I have a plate on the back, I don't care what the title says LOL. I will say this, it was cheap as hell to register. Much cheaper than a snowmobile for the whole 2 months I got to ride that every year.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:17 PM   #9

i dont live in NH but i do visit often as i have family there, i was just talking about getting something to tow my hawk up when i visit. When im in NH im in the tilton/laconia area. once i figure a way to bring the hawk ill definately be down for a group chinaride!

Old 04-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #10

I'm down with a run up Washington. I have land in Dalton. Hopefully the start of a house if I can find subcontractors who will call me back.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:17 PM   #11

I put on almost 500 miles so far LOL, all this rain has been slowing me down. I love the bike tho, been working on it, tweaking it, and doing my best to make it my "own". I'm looking forward to this Mt Washington run, now that I've been out on the bike a lot more, and finally got it to cruise around 50 - 55 with ease. On route 4 I keep right up with traffic, some days I'm slowed down by cars, and I thought I'd be slowing them down!

Old 04-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesaw View Post
I rode my hawk 250 to work for the first time today. My route was through lyndeborough, Wilton, Milford and Amherst NH. Went into Brookline as well for some parts.
Are you around this area?
A newbie (resurrecting another thread from the dead) and Im in Amherst (so new infact, still waiting for it to arrive )
Toys include Audi B7, running Stage 2+, S4 Brakes. My VW Vanagon is running 2.5l VVT Subaru engine, 18" AMG wheels, Porsche 944 Steering Wheel, W eekender interior. 1989 VW Vanagon Bluestar one of 2500, 1986 Honda Shadow, 2000 Suzuki Intruder, 1988 Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1976 Mercury Capri II, a bunch of Trailers including a shortened Vanagon for camping, a Sequoia and the latest addition a 2019 Hawk 250. (But dont tell the wife! ) (Latest latest addition a 1995 fwd Subaru SVX)

Last edited by nij_tp; 04-16-2019 at 08:54 AM. Reason: addition

Old 04-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #13

im in southern vermont , 2018 csc rx-3... returning to riding after a long time away!

Old 05-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #14

Raised in Derry NH till i moved to PHX

Old 05-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #15

im in bedford nh. we ride atvs though, no pavement since my zuma got stolen a few years back.