Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #31

WOOOOOT !!!!! just put the money order for our family into the mail with the aplication for F.V.D.R.A.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
WOOOOOT !!!!! just put the money order for our family into the mail with the aplication for F.V.D.R.A.
Welcome to the family. I hope that you get lots of riding time in at Nickelmine; it's a great place.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #33

thanks W&G I am sure that we will.

jsut sent a message to a person in Mission that has a free tent trailer as well says 'needs a bit of work' not a big deal but how to load the atv's on top hmmmmmmmmm

Old 02-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #34

I've given that some thought, and I think you could weld on some vertical square tube receivers and make a frame. You'd need some long ramps to get the quads on top, and you'd need to upgrade the wheels and suspension but it's workable.

The key would be to make the trailer as light as possible. No heater, no stove, no sink, etc.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I've given that some thought, and I think you could weld on some vertical square tube receivers and make a frame. You'd need some long ramps to get the quads on top, and you'd need to upgrade the wheels and suspension but it's workable.

The key would be to make the trailer as light as possible. No heater, no stove, no sink, etc.

that or make the wife tow it with her caravan 8)

Old 02-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #36

However you do it, it's a tough climb for a short run up the mountain. I've driven my Caravan up there many times, but I've never tried to pull a trailer up the hill. At the very most, I'd off-load a utility trailer and drag that up the hill with the Caravan, and drag the tent trailer with the Blazer.

I usually have enough bodies around that the toys can be ridden up. The best solution I can think of is an old Class C with a utility trailer behind. You can pick up a decent runner for less than five grand.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #37

i don't have a problem towing the flat deck trailer up the hill then going back down to get the tent trailer if that is the case.....sounds like someone needs to get a D9 in there and carve a new less steep road

Old 02-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #38

There was a lower road, but it washed down the mountain a little over a year ago. The only way in now is quite steep, but not for long.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #39

heading to nicklemine in about 1/2 hr to check out the site (no atv just the blazer) and have a look at what we have signed up for

Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #40

well that was a nice drive for a sunny sunday.

stopped in Agassiz to get some pepperoni

yum

on the way up the upper road come across this small wash out

navigated that no problem and continued to climb and came across some snow

.....got stopped here .....just before the cutback at the top....didn't continue due to being alone and no other 4x4's around.

someone has been up there a day or so before us

great views on the return trip down the upper road

huge waterfall on other side of the valley

and of course someone is too lazy or cheap to go to the dump.

stopped at a fishing hole at the base of Agassiz Mtn. on the return trip....gona have to drop a fly in there one day.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #41

I love that area, and I haven't been for some time. I had a neck injury in August, and then I started our kitchen reno once I recovered. I'm hoping to get some time to work on our machines this week; I need some riding therapy.

Not happy about the trash. :evil:

Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #42

it is a very nice area .....we only wish that we could have got to the camp area.....gona try again in a couple of weekends.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #43

Beautiful pics of beautiful scenery.

I hate when people littler like that. Makes we want to slap them silly. It seems to be a problem everywhere. It makes we want to cry like the Indian in the TV commercial about 30 years ago. :(

You were wise to not push your luck alone.

Your Blazer seems like a good vehicle.

How far away do you live from that riding area?

Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #44

the blazewhore is a pretty good truck but didn't want to push further without someone else there.

I figure it is abotu 1 hr or maybe a bit more from our house to there...so not to bad....1/2 tank to get there mess aroudn a bit and back home so not that far really

Old 03-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #45

Yeah, it usually takes us an hour, and that includes a stop at Chevron for some high octane stuff for the quads and bikes. My Honda calls for it, so I run it in everything.