Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #1

Sukida GY125 owner

Hey peeps, jus a post to say hi.

I own a 2007 Sukida SK125GY-A Its only done 182 miles from new. Bought it from ebay locally, Needs a bit of TLC as was left in a cold wet garden for a year or so. The paint is flaking. the forks are foobar. (Rusted) needs a small repaint also

Iam strippin down to give it some loving. Added bonus is it havin upgrades too. That reminds me. H4 conversion any one? and a better lift cam?

engine is the GY125 Over head valve. I owned a old 1977 CB125 years ago and that thing standard was 14.6BHP.. fingers crossd.. the chineese motor will go past this..

Also.. ahhem.. Stage 3 Porting on the cylinder head and the racing CDI will be done also. Iam going to make a 4T 125cc tarmac ripper..lol

Other intensions are better end can, racing coil and carb upgrade.

Any one got any data on a say 28/30mm carb/jets would be help full.

My history i owned a DTR125 for quite a while, sold it this summer. I was rebuilding the engine quite often. Done like 9K miles in 12 months.

Main reason for the 4T engine is reliable power. so where better than a chineese bike. Pahhh (11BHP..8.2KW.. not likley sir)... hehehehe

pics to follow!

Old 09-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums!

I'm looking forward to watching your progress on this 125. What's an H4 conversion?

My guess is that you'll eclispe the 15bhp mark.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #3

thanks for the reply weld..15 you rekon..I hoping to about 16-18 ish, some old tricks up my sleve.. all down to flow, ignition timing, and compression. 190Psi is where i want to be.

I port some big 4T motors over the years one was quite special. A VW 1.8L head from a golf GTi, standard 112BHP, on the rollers after stage 3, 139BHP.. and with the same cam!.. yup.. same cam.

If i can get the compression up a bit, looking at the head, that might be a bit of a problem,.. you never know.

anyways.. here are some pix of today..

engine out..

head off..

then some painting.. of the zorst

rack too

and rubbed down handle bars n repainted..

and the last pics.. of when i first saw it...

Old 09-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #4

i forgot to mention.. the H4 conversion. The bike have 35W headlamps.. Some weird phillps bulbs. Bin that!

Looking for a H4 Bulb conversion is i can..

Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #5

That's funny! The only thing I could think of was bulbs when you said H4, but I presumed you were talking about engine mods.

I'm pretty sure that you'll go beyond 15bhp; just not sure by how much. I agree that compression and timing are key. I wonder if you could find a Wiseco piston for your bore size that would bump compression into the tens.

Of course, there's always more cubes. A 200 pushrod or OHC Honda clone would be a bolt-in. IIRC, the Honda 185 and 200 share the same bottom end, which means that you'd be a jug, piston and head away from 200 cc, if you could find a cheap 185 donor.

BTW, I love the old R/S/J VW's. Have you ever used a 5-cyl intake from an Audi on a 1.8? You have to lop off one runner and weld it up, but they flow some serious air.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #6

Welcome to these forums, and thank you for posting the good photos! If you search the Dual Sport Forum, you will find several threads on H4 headlight conversions. I performed an H4 headlight conversion, but my bike's headlight is different from yours. However, if you read the following thread, you might find a link to the information you seek.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=8773

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #7

Welcome.

Looks like a fun project! I will enjoy watching and seeing pictures of your head ported and polished.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #8

Great project and thank you for the pictures!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #9

spud , turbo and doc.. thanks for the nice replies.

As to the light conversion... ahhh.. i have a plastic light. darn..back to the drawing board.

doc... am a pic hore when it comes to bike renovation, lol..

here is a couple of today..

re-painted the swing arm. Was a tad rusty

gave the back wheel a clean. then hit with clear lacquer to prevent the rim from rusting further.

I have seen the pistons on ebay weld. I can get rebored local to me very cheeepo, just need a carb to go with it. now thats a thought.. so i persume the heads are the same?. same valves?.

i have noticed the inlet valve in the combustion chamber a little on the tight side 125cc , meaning room in the squish area. Any mods done here are going to be quite hard to do. Esp skimming the head. I think in reflection
the 200CC motor is probally the better engine to mod.

Iam going to sink the valves in a little tighter into the seats, as they are not very flush , see if i can gain some more room. the rocker arms can take the slack up.. need to get a nice 0.5mm off the head. or even better 1mm

from the specs i get off the net, 9.0:1 like to be up at 10.0:1 or close.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #10

ps..one of my previous projects just to skow of my cam skillz..lol... for the foto hores..

this is a Honda CB125 1976

found at the bottom of a garden, grass growing thu the spokes as it was on its side. It was there for a good 8 years, before that no history

A mate of mine said.. and i quote " I have scapped better"

not me!

It ended up like this in 3 months! yup.. 3 months!

a complete nut and bolt rebuild..

i have done two other bikes since then and a 1970 VW bug.. Dont ask for the Bug pix.. we be here for days lookin thu the foto`s...lol

Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #11

Nice save!

You know there is an XR125 in my area in good running condition for $300 I've been thinking about this kinda inspires me....

Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #12

Wow. That is indeed a nice save. You possess some rather impressive restoration skills. Or at least the follow-through to fully restore an item. I have never really wanted to restore anything, but the before and after pictures make me begin to re-think my stance.

Welcome to the boards. I'm sure there will be plenty of information for you.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #13

Nothing like a bike in the kitchen. I have scrapped better too.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Nothing like a bike in the kitchen. I have scrapped better too.
Obviously single.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by satelliteone
spud , turbo and doc.. thanks for the nice replies.

As to the light conversion... ahhh.. i have a plastic light. darn..back to the drawing board.

doc... am a pic hore when it comes to bike renovation, lol...
Sat1,

Forum member BillR performed an H4 headlight conversion on his bike, and it has a plastic lens. You might enjoy reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...=6685&start=15

Thank you for posting all the superb photos! We love photos, and a self-described "pic hore" is always welcome on these forums!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894