Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #1

Hi

Hi all,

Just starting to research these bikes. Looking for a 200cc model dirt bike for a 15 year old.
Sadly, it looks like most of the online dealers are pretty shady.

If anyone knows a decent online dealer or one in Western WA, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 08-11-2009, 09:25 AM   #2

I dont know if I would say that most are shady. I think sometimes people have unreasonable expectations from internet dealers. You must be able to preform repairs that occasionally crop up. Minor issues most certainly will appear.
This forum is here to help owners out with diagnosing and repairing problems as they occur. All of the moderators do a great job and the members are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to the forum and feel fre to ask us about any concerns you might have.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #3

Welcome. We have some members in your area too.

Allen

Old 08-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #4

Welcome!

As a part of your research, may I add that you must be somewhat mechanically inclined to buy a China Bike. These bikes simply don't have the same level of quality control as the Japanese bikes, and it's reflected in the price. You can't expect to just fill the gas tank and ride off into the sunset.

If you are at peace with all of that and you have a good sense of humour, you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of a new China Bike.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #5

Thanks for the input.

Mechanically inclined? Somewhat. I've owned a KLX 650 and currently a 2001 XR 250. I've done chains, brakes, tires, cables and some carb work.
So I wouldn't mind a little work on one of these steeds.

Tinkering on my old Mercury for the last 1/4 century...I guess might sort of count (differential, gears, aluminum heads, roller cam, nitrous, drum to disc conversion, wiring, etc, etc...but that's probably a topic for a different forum). :wink:

Old 08-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #6

It sounds like you are prepared for CB ownership then. They can be made into reliable machines with some prep work.

Allen

Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #7

Welcome to the forum. I'm in the Tri-Cities .

If I was looking for a CB I'd try to buy from Phil, who's also a regular on the forum with a great reputation. There is also a place around Seattle, the name I hope to remember soon with a good rep.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #8

Great. I appreciate the responses. I hope to make my godson happy with one these machines. It would be fun to bring 'em on a run in the mountains.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Welcome to the forum. I'm in the Tri-Cities .

If I was looking for a CB I'd try to buy from Phil, who's also a regular on the forum with a great reputation. There is also a place around Seattle, the name I hope to remember soon with a good rep.
Cool. Steer 'em my way if he pops up.
Thanks FD.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #10

You could buy a Gio and bring it over the border yourself, if you can't find anything you're comfortable with. You're close enough being in Seattle to come up to Vancouver for one.

...but I'm sure Phil will be around and there will be some dealers in Seattle or the US with good reps to help you.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #11

Here you go.

The first is a good deal.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/1316849199.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/1314845501.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/1312673210.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/1312607468.html

Remember cash talks.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad1
Thanks for the input.

Mechanically inclined? Somewhat. I've owned a KLX 650 and currently a 2001 XR 250. I've done chains, brakes, tires, cables and some carb work.
So I wouldn't mind a little work on one of these steeds.

Tinkering on my old Mercury for the last 1/4 century...I guess might sort of count (differential, gears, aluminum heads, roller cam, nitrous, drum to disc conversion, wiring, etc, etc...but that's probably a topic for a different forum). :wink:
You had me at Mercury. What year?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #13

im here firstly i would want to know how big a bike are you looking for if its a full size grown up bike for off road only apollo/orion/xmoto 250 would be a good choice. heres what i would do, call jet moto ask for joe ventura in sales tell him i reccommened you and ask who is a dealer in your area they sell a nice 250 and he can help with a dealer that would be good. then if you needed something smaller they offer a 125 thats like a pit bike on steriods if none of them fits the bill i see what i can find, shame your across the country
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 08-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #14

Thanks Kat. I'm specifically looking for the trail version, but those look good too.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
im here firstly i would want to know how big a bike are you looking for if its a full size grown up bike for off road only apollo/orion/xmoto 250 would be a good choice. heres what i would do, call jet moto ask for joe ventura in sales tell him i reccommened you and ask who is a dealer in your area they sell a nice 250 and he can help with a dealer that would be good. then if you needed something smaller they offer a 125 thats like a pit bike on steriods if none of them fits the bill i see what i can find, shame your across the country
Hey phil.

He's 15 and not too skilled yet in riding. I'm looking at the 200cc trail bikes. Big enough that he won't out-grow it too fast, and no too tall to make it tough offroad.
Thanks, I'll try and contact joe and see what he says.
-----------
Weld,
It's a 73'