I love to party all the time!!! 18-24 9 11.54%
Gotta get a job, pay off those loans... 25-30 6 7.69%
I have a Mortgage.... And a china bike!! 30-40 31 39.74%
I wore bellbottoms as a teen....40-50 18 23.08%
I saw the beatles live....50-60 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #31

My age

Hi everybody, I was going to answer the poll but it didnt go hi enough---I am 64 (old fa#t will do) but for some reason my wonderful wife of 17 years accuses me of not acting my age! Can you imagine that??? I built, drove and showed street rods for years and have had several bikes at different times. We are full time RVers now and travel as much as we can-never enough, but fuel is expensive! I have a CFMOTO Revo (e-jewel) 150, named "Miss Dulci". She is my second one, the first one had bad engine probs (cracked head or cyl) and the dealer gave me full price paid on it towards this one, which has been great so far. We are now in east TN,but plan to go to the Corpus Christi TX area in May if we get her health problems cleared up by then--if not we will just go later. Art

Old 03-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #32

Welcome Art, you'll find everyone here is friendly and helpful...

Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
welcome fulltimeart, nice to have you here. How many miles did you have on your old bike before the cyl had problems? just curious, i havent heard of many engine failures....

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #34

I bought the scooter as a demo with 127 ks(about 80 mi) on it and it had never been driven more than a couple miles at a time. First time I drove it about 15 miles it pushed coolant out the top of the overflow jug, so the thermostat was replaced. Short trips it was fine, 15 miles or more pressure would push coolant out the overflow, so the dealer replaced the head gasket and that made no difference at all, so the only thing that was figgured out was a compression leak into the cooling system caused by a crack (probably a bad casting), either the head or cylinder. The dealer said that it was not common. I started a CFMOTO group on yahoo groups as I wanted to get input from other CFMOTO owners, but havent had any replies yet, also I havent seen much about them on different scooter forums except about the Qlink Pegasus (echarm) on ScootDawg. My new one runs great and has about 360 ks on it now--I also like its color (white) better than the other that was champagne. Art

Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #35

Hey.. Im 36... 3 kids... Well, 4 if you count Dan...HA HA !!! Im an Admn.Assistant ( fancy name for secretary) for a retina surgeon in the Daytona Beach area...love to ride my Hensim 150 with my husband, even though without the proper gear right now my legs are pretty TORE UP...I also like to run... done a lot of 5ks (small stuff) but I enjoy it...

Old 03-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassador
35, Happilly divorced with twin 8yr. old girls and a 3 yr. old daughter. Have been with my girlfriend going on 5 yrs. now. Been riding since I was 6 yrs. old, started on a Suzuki JR50 and I've had a bike or three wheeler ever since.. Took the kids for a ride on my GY-5 and now the bug has bitten them too, they will most likely be getting quads for their birthday or X-mas.. My girlfriend and I own our own full-time DJ buisness and that keeps us pretty busy, she is also a wedding planner. This time of year is kinda slow for us but spring is right around the corner and we already have 45+ bookings not to mention we DJ bike night every Wednesday at our local Hooters.. I like my job...
Im happily divorced as well.. Dan is my 2nd husband, I think I got it right this time Dan has a twin brother Don...yup, theres 2 of them.. Ill have him post a pic.. . the little girl on the bike with you with the blonde curly-cues reminds me of Shirley temple ! Cutie pie.. our girls are 5 and 11 - the youngest is a blonde blue eyed girl like her daddy, the oldest looks like me.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #37

54 here (ouch) married one daughter,one grandson, MBD,'77 MG Midget,
'84 Corvette ,MCd(multiple car diesease) 15 gitars, and play Ice Hockey
Goalie, do I need help or what?
Joe V

Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #38

Joe,
I can relate to the guitars, I own 10 and have NO sign of stopping my collection...

Old 03-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #39

Alright Ambassador!!!!!

A fellow 6 string gun slinger...... I salute you my brotha

Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #40

I guess we have MGS (multiple guitar syndrome), nothing wrong with that!!!!
I own guitars that cost more than my bike, none of mine are made in China though...

Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 AM   #41

Well, I thought I may as well help out the old guys in the poll. My name is Sam and I have MBD. ("HELLO SAM", is the reply from the room). Aren't there 12 steps to this! I digress! I'm 43 years old and VERY happily married to my first wife Stacy for 15 years. She's a young 33 and keeps me hopping. Yes, do the math she was young when we got married (18 almost 19). It's been great! I highly recommend younger women! We have one daughter,] that is 12 years old and growing like a weed. She's already taller than her mama. We also have one Daschund hound. I call him butthead. He's the spoiled one in the family.

My wife is great and supports me in my MBD problem. I rode bikes before we met and she enjoyed riding with me until the kid came along. Actually, I've been riding since I was 7 years old. She didn't know what to think when I told her I bought a bike for $1029. She's used to me spending much more. One of the reasons I bought the china bike is that I am trying to cut my carbon footprint. We are currently building a new solar home and trying to cut our gasoline usage. I'm hoping the Viva will get much better mileage than my KTM 950 Adventure. I'm sure it will. The Adventure will mostly be used for trips now and the ocassional ride into town to show it off. I love it but the maintenance is expensive and oil changes are a bear.

I must say that this is a great Forum and everyone has been very nice! Great information and help on here!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 03-31-2007, 07:18 PM   #42

Hey Sam

I have the same idea about cutting my fuel usage
It sounds silly since I have a bike but it gets 45mpg If a china bike got 70 or 80 it would almost halve my usage

How do you like the Viva? I haven't decided on a bike yet and could use some input

thanx

Joe V

Old 04-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #43

Hey Joe,
If you go over to the Dualsport/Enduro section, you'll see my thread about the Viva. I think it's called: I just purchased a Viva VX200SX. It pretty much covers everything up to now. The bike still isn't fully assembled. I've had the flu for the past few days. My originally plan was to buy a new Yamaha Majesty 400cc scooter. I actually had a deposit on one, but changed my mind and bought the Viva instead.

My current streetbike is a 2005 KTM 950 Adventure S dualsport. It's a great bike and at the opposite end of the spectrum from the Viva. The KTM gets only about 40 mpg. I'm hoping for more out of the Viva. Some have reported 70 mpg.

I don't own a car or truck anymore, so bikes are my only mode of transportation. I'm actually looking at buying a new Ural Gear Up next year. The Gear Up is 2WD and would get me to and from work in the winter.

Cutting fuel costs is something that has become very important to me and my family. We have been needing a new house for the past few years but skyrocketing building costs were scaring us. We have a large piece of property but an old barn that has been converted into a house. Orginially, it was only a summer home and it's very rustic. The barn is also very drafty and hard to heat. We decided to build an energy efficient solar home but we wanted to use GREEN building products. What we came up with were SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels), you may have seen these on HGTV. We designed the house ourselves. The design was proven this past winter, as the snow melted almost daily from the direct sunlight. We are going to use a Geothermal heating system, which is basically free heat from the ground. The house and everything in the house will be Energy Star rated. All the appliances, electrical system, everything. I'm hoping to start a website or join an Energy Star Forum and post about it. Winter has slowed everything down but we'll be getting back into it soon.

PM me anytime!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E

Old 04-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #44

[quote="SamM"]

My current streetbike is a 2005 KTM 950 Adventure S dualsport. It's a great bike and at the opposite end of the spectrum from the Viva.

quote]

We had discussed this "phenomenon" before. These bikes are in their own world/leagues. Member 'FMYstreetracer' has a tricked out Civic that he races on the track (and I am sure on the street, too :wink: )but likes his slow Roketa. When my Jetmoto was rolling, it sounded really cool (sort of) and people turned around to see what was making all the noise. I used to own a 93 Mustang GT, and a quicker than my Jetmoto Suzuki DR250s (a great bike in its own right), but the Jetmoto is great, despite its horsepower handicap. It is almost as if it really is in its own world. Your Viva will probably start getting ridden more than your KTM. On the other hand, I would keep the KTM for any potential Chinabike "glitch" that may come around later.

In theory, I would love to become a one car family. I want to get the Jetmoto running again sometime in my lifetime, and would like to add a street bike, such as a Hyosung GT650 standard/UM equivalent. My wife would use the car for her housewife things and chores, while I would commute on a bike to work.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #45

Oh, I have no plans to get rid of the KTM. It's a great bike! The Viva will probably be my daily driver. That's exactly what I bought it for. The fact of the matter is that, I turned Pumpkin onto the china bikes. I enjoyed seeing the experiences he had with his bike and how much he enjoyed it. For the outlay of cash, how could I not get one! I wanted to feel that myself. When Pauli bought her bike. I read her posts and saw her excitement over the bike. I had to have one. It may sound funny or silly but there it is. I'm sure I'll have issues with the Viva. It should be easy to fix though. The KTM, as I posted somewhere else is expensive to fix and maintain. I'm hoping for a less expensive ownership experience with the Viva.

There is one thing that I did have planned for the Viva. I was going to modify it up to the max. I was going to replace this and replace that and make a great ride out of it. Quite franky, I only see a few things that need replaced. The throttle has a serious dead spot in it. I can turn it and inch or so before anything happens at the carb. The clutch cable is also substandard. My other bike is Austrian though!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E