Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #1

Thumbs Up What is the top speed on your China Bike?

I have a so far stock 2019 Boom Vader Gen 1 style that I am still breaking in--SO I don't yet know my top speed but it looks promising as I can get it up to 40 mph stock at around 6K rpms. That indicates to me with a carb/jet update and intake/exhaust mods it might be able to hit 60mph + like I have seen on an SSR Razkull with the mods I just listed including I believe a +1 front sprocket they hit 63MPH GPS with a stock speedo indicating 67MPH.

I only NEED my bike to get up to 45-55MPH so I can comfortably go on at least 45MPH MAYBE some 50MPH roads without a car up my rear too much. Top speeds and mods interest me so I can know what to expect from my stock Vader and also what to expect from mods--which would help a lot to make me decide whther or not to do the mod. I am als interested in speeds of other China Bikes as I originally had my eye on the Hawk and Magician 250's & I. may yet get a Dual Sport or Adventure bike if I have the time, money and will to do so

ANyways I am really interested to hear how fast your bike can go! Please list your top speed on flat ground, preferably with little to no winds or list the head or tailwinds if you think they significantly affected your speed post, list what make + model + year bike you have, also is it stock or modified and if modified please list any mods that would possibly affect speed.

Thanks everyone and have fun on your China Bikes and as always Ride Safe!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Last edited by sirmaxwell; 04-24-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #2

after mods, my hawk would do 63 (gps). sprockets, intake and carb/jetting. Problem is she was wound pretty tight at that speed. she was comfortable in the 45-50 range and could hold 55 pretty well. most of my commute is in that range, so worked well for me. it was also good for mountain back-road and forest service road travels. there it's more like 20 to 35. I enjoyed being able to chug along all day enjoying the trails and scenery.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #3

The owners manual for my old Lifan 200 says top speed 100 and that's about right.

100 kph that is. Real comfortable cruising for extended periods at 90.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
after mods, my hawk would do 63 (gps). sprockets, intake and carb/jetting. Problem is she was wound pretty tight at that speed. she was comfortable in the 45-50 range and could hold 55 pretty well. most of my commute is in that range, so worked well for me. it was also good for mountain back-road and forest service road travels. there it's more like 20 to 35. I enjoyed being able to chug along all day enjoying the trails and scenery.
Do you think exhaust mod/new exhaust may make your Hawk feel better at higher speeds/rpm?

In my opinion 63MPH is pretty darn fast on a small displacement and fairly light bike like most of us on China Riders have. SO I would say you're doing pretty good hitting 63! I would probably chicken out on my Vader or not hold that highway speeds even if i eventually can somehow hit 60 with gearing,carb,exhaust... AND favorable wind maybe a slight downhill on really smooth pavement and speed tires would help too lol To go on the highway or at Highway speeds then I would maybe want a proper touring or sports bike with top of the line wheels, suspension and an engine that feels comfortable at 65MPH

Old 04-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #5

83.x miles per hour (Trail Tech Vapor Digital Dash, Subaru follow car, and Garmin GPS verified speeds) on my Bashan WILL 200 Dual Sport... bike needs some better tires and name brand Steering Head bearings before I go any faster

Have held 70+ mph for 2 or so hours at a time going to and from my home and the mountain trails on I-25

197cc Lifan engine with: "emissions pump delete" (exhaust fresh air pump crap), airbox delete for an UNI Pod filter, Mikuni cloned carb, stock exhaust head pipe (minus a mountain weld, still has the "Cat"), FMF Turbincore 2 Muffler, Denso Iridium Spark plug (the $50 racing version), a Denso Coil on Plug (taken from a liter bike), ceramic wheel bearings, and 17t/39t sprocket combo to reach those speeds

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #6

The below Linked Youtube Video shows what is i believe to be a 2017 Vader with just +1 front tooth sprocket and a 26mm mikuni carb that I'm assuming is jetted properly.

Link:

The uploader/rider/Vader owner claims it goes +12MPH over stock and I dont see the top speed listed in description or the lonely comments section BUT I did see his speedo for part of the video and what looks like the stock speedo shows 57MPH!

Note: My stock Vader speedo indicated 40MPH and my Iphone GPS said 37MPH for one run and 39MPH for the same run the opposite direction for a quite unscientific stock speedo to GPS App comparison

Old 04-25-2019, 05:09 AM   #7

Before the carb upgrade I topped out right at 48 (gps) with the upgraded carb i was able to hit 58. Prob do better with a smaller guy considering I’m 6’2 225

This is on a 2018 Boom

Last edited by RKG83; 04-25-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
83.x miles per hour (Trail Tech Vapor Digital Dash, Subaru follow car, and Garmin GPS verified speeds) on my Bashan WILL 200 Dual Sport... bike needs some better tires and name brand Steering Head bearings before I go any faster

Have held 70+ mph for 2 or so hours at a time going to and from my home and the mountain trails on I-25

197cc Lifan engine with: "emissions pump delete" (exhaust fresh air pump crap), airbox delete for an UNI Pod filter, Mikuni cloned carb, stock exhaust head pipe (minus a mountain weld, still has the "Cat"), FMF Turbincore 2 Muffler, Denso Iridium Spark plug (the $50 racing version), a Denso Coil on Plug (taken from a liter bike), ceramic wheel bearings, and 17t/39t sprocket combo to reach those speeds
dang that's pretty fast man! Also a really good sprocket combo and I'm guessing your tires are way bigger than my 12" Vader tires--which are basically scooter tires lol--But Tires basically it's like your tire size affects gearing and bigger tires can help you get a higher top speed also. Im a little surprised the Subaru kept up--just kidding kind of, i dont really like Subaru anymore though after owning 8 of them

Your mods that include removing the "exhaust fresh air pump" made me think why the heck do we even have an exhaust fresh air pump?? Do we have it so that they hook up an emissions hose to the exhaust and say oh your exhaust is half fresh air or however much (because of the air pump!) Maybe it helps as a catalyst, maybe it just helps the exhaust gasses break down faster or maybe Im just reading this early in the morning, I dont really know much about how it works but the idea we bother pumping fresh air into the exhaust which cools it down and therefore probably slows down the gas evacuation from our exhaust seems a bit ridiculous to me!

I think you may have already taken the cake for any of us on China riders for top speed already!

Old 04-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #9

csc tt250 and 74 flat ground but more accurately 72 with gps
18 csc tt250 / foam filter mod, amazon exhaust, mikunki carb, 47tooth sprocket, o ring chain, stereo system, amsoil oil, honda 10w fork oil, tusk bars and brush guards.... more to come

Old 04-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
dang that's pretty fast man!
I think you may have already taken the cake for any of us on China riders for top speed already!
LOL! I don't think Azhule mentioned he's about 105 pounds, soaking wet! That definitely helps.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #11

My 2018 Gen 2 Vader with an aftermarket exhaust , carb, filter, and CDI runs about 62-65 max , with stock gearing. I have a 17T front sprocket that would help top end but

my primary use is stunting so i need torque more than top end . I have a Sportster i use if I'm going somewhere that would require a long distance hi-speed WFO run on the Vader.

Even given a 17t front sprocket i just dont think you will see more than 65mph and that is with a lightweight rider ,carb, exhaust , etc. and that is flat out at redline on a flat surface ( or downhill lol ).

If you want to do much more than that then you are looking at a Zs190 swap in ,the 5th gear it offers plus more CC is about the only way to get there afaik .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 04-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
LOL! I don't think Azhule mentioned he's about 105 pounds, soaking wet! That definitely helps.....
I'm also 5 foot 9 inches tall (even with a slightly collapsed and decently snaked/curved spine), tall and skinny like a tooth pick

Don't remember checking my weight during the top speed runs I have pics of and mention all the time, but I do fluctuate between 105 and 120 pounds thanks to my Chrons

On that note, I have had a few good weeks and was able to keep a good amount of food down in my gut I'm happy to say, I got back up to 117.4 pounds today

On a side note... even a N/A Subaru with the crappy CVT will have plenty of grunt to go over 115 mph... XT/WRX/STI turbo power plants have plenty of power to get upwards of 155 mph before aerodynamics hold them back

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

BAHAHA yeah I'm sure that helps his top speed... But It doesn't help me that Im pushing past 200lbs & riding the Vader!

Time to start my bike diet lol

Old 04-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #14

I'm not sure. This thing is such a POS. At 90km/h it feels unsafe. I haven't tried going any faster.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post

On a side note... even a N/A Subaru with the crappy CVT will have plenty of grunt to go over 115 mph... XT/WRX/STI turbo power plants have plenty of power to get upwards of 155 mph before aerodynamics hold them back

Yeah but they all use way outdaed Boxer engine technology sure it helps keep the center of gravity low and all that..

My problem with the Subarus I owned was that, compared to good cars I have owned, the Subarus ended up having some very cheap parts and sure I have seen people ride them past 300k maybe even one to 500k miles but for me they cost a lot more to get past 120 miles than my Toyota corolla for example or even my Buick with a 3800 V6 was cheaper in maintainence. Sure the Subaru has AWD--my solution to that is don't ride at the peak of the winter storms and then I dont need AWD which is fine except in the worst blizzards or if you happen to live somewhere they dont take care of the roads. For me for the price of a Subaru the Subaru is an ok car but just kind of second rate as far as reliability and what you get for your money and Im sure tons of people hate on me and disagree and whatever. BUT after having a lemon Subaru Forester --a 2001 I think L designation that was the last straw for me. Maybe that specific Forester I got had been in a flood before i got it or God knows what but the thing was a complete nightmare--way worse than the 7 others I owned previously-- and I got it less than 5 years old with 60k miles on it so not like it was that old and it barely lived past 120k miles. Mostly I had the wagons except one of my Imprezas and a Legacy I had were sedans and I had plenty of great times in them in they were quick off the line and handled well for what they were. The Subarus in my book are ok but there is better out there for the same money is what I have experienced