Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #1

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Hello, all;

I'm new here. I just purchased a Tank Vision 250 2i sportbike. I ordered it last week and should have it soon. I'd like to know if there are any Tank Vision owners out there...R1, R3 or 250E. What's your experience with these bikes as far as quality, mph, mpg, accelaration, etc...

I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks!

olds_cool

Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 AM   #2

I've been looking at these bikes as well and will be interested in your experiences and from others. I'm looking at one for my daughter as she is the sport bike nut in the family.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #3

Tank Vision Motorcycles

I'll let you know when I get it! I'll post some pics, too!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #4

Thanks OC. did you get yours thru a dealer or off the net? We had a guy here in KY that was selling Tank scooters but he died recently. I had thought about getting him to order me one of the 250s.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #5

Tank Vision Motorcycles

I got it from www. tank-motors.com. I liked what I read about them on www.bbb.org. I try to check places out before I spend my hard-earned cash. Anyway, it just shipped today...so, I'll have it next week!

Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #6

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Hey, gang;

Tomorrow's the big day! I'll have the Tank Vision 250 2i sometime in the morning. I'll post an update after I get some miles on it!

Thanks!

olds cool

Old 12-12-2006, 10:35 PM   #7

Tank Vision Motorcycles

It's here!!! Finally! I'm happy to say the garage is just a bit more crowded these days. Ok, here's the skinny, people. My 250 2i is black and silver. Quality is pretty good. Power is not bad for a commuter. It will hang with any 250cc, although it's really a 234cc Honda Rebel engine. Very comfortable and easy to ride. Has an alarm and remote start. Accelerates and brakes well. I like the gear indicator. It's not neccessary, but it's cool. Oh, and the center stand? Very cool. Here's what I don't like: the side stand and the rear brake pedal. The sidetand...I'm taking it off tomorrow. Because of it's position, I kick it down too often when I shift. Hit a bump in the road? Down it goes. As far as the brake pedal...it's TOO short! I really have to lean on it to stop. It's kind of odd, the way it's made. So, it may be tough to replace it. I may have to saw it in half and weld another 5 or so inches to it. I completely overshoot it if I don't think first. Oh, well...I wanted something "different"...even though it looks like a retro Ninja. All in all, I think it was a good investment and I can't wait to get some miles on it. I just rode it at the dealer's and around the community. I'm hanging out at the mailbox waiting for the MSO!

Old 12-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #8

I also own a Tank motorcycle. Mine is the Tank 200 dual sport. I like it so far, I have it hidden at a buddies house till Santa brings it home for X-mas. Mine has a few quirks that I am getting to and fixing, like electric wires wrapped around the frame when they don't have to be. But it has good power and sounds great. I have so far changed the oil, loosened the chain, and locktighted about a quqrter of the nuts and bolts, along with wrapping the battery box with a couple zip ties. I hope to have the rest of the prep work done next week. I bought it from a dealer, but he didn't do all that much prep work to it.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #9

Also, you posted a link in the earlier post, www.bbb.org. I can't get that site to open but would like to read some other reviews of Tank bikes. Can you check the address and re-post?

Old 12-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #10

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Thanks, deputygene. Good luck with your bke. That's a good looking ride. Anyway, you can try this link for the bbb info on Tank Motors.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #11

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Oh, and btw...I'll be giving my bike the once over in the next day or 2. Let you know how it goes.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #12

Finally goy hold of a digital camera I can use. Here is a pic of my Tank GY200

Here is the Tank and My son's Lifan QP100

Old 12-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #13

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Cool pics, dude! Good looking bikes. How does your son's compare to yours? I'll try to get those pics of mine up Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks.

olds_cool63

Old 12-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #14

It is much smaller than the Tank, the picture doesn't really show it's size. It is not as small as a pit bike though. It is a four speed with clutch, runs good but not as much power as I would have hoped. I think if I can get it breathing free and a little richer it will run better. Taking off the exghaust pipe end cap freed it up some. Quality seems pretty good, great deal I think for the price.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:29 AM   #15

Tank Vision Motorcycles

Cool, deputygene. I know you can't wait to get the quirks taken care of on the Tank! I'm off from work Sun, Mon, Tue...so, I'll be spending some quality time with mine. Are we a couple of lucky guys or what? You, know...getting bike for X-mas? Man, ya gotta love it!