Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2016, 03:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANY View Post
Culcune is right. Kandi is the distributor. As far as I know they have them in stock in all colors. You just need to find a retailer or dealer to get one.

Here's my exact bike on the Kandi/Jass site

http://www.kandiusa.com/product_veh.php?id=355

I don't know if I'm off my rocker but the pictures on the Kandi website look like two different bikes. I see subtle changes in the fuel tank etc. Typical for the China stuff we deal with.

/

Old 09-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Where are you getting the info on pricing and such from Peace? I was under the impression that Peace is a importer/distributor and not a retailer.

/
I emailed them and they told me they wholesale only and it would come in crate and require assembly. I figured that to begin with. So they can sell them to us.

Old 09-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
I emailed them and they told me they wholesale only and it would come in crate and require assembly. I figured that to begin with. So they can sell them to us.

Cool, Peace has a lot of scooters and bikes on the market.

/

Old 09-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Their price is much lower than what my friend can get it for. However, Peace is no longer the distributor, so these are probably closeout pricing of older model year bikes (hence the non-inverted forks). I would take advantage if I were you! Are they shipping to you, or are you local to them?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #20

This is the answer to my question regarding the differences between the Shark and the Brozz to the North American rep for Bashan:

"The basic frame of the brozz and shark is almost the same.
Plastic Cover parts are the main difference and Brozz has Inverted front shocks, Shark has normal front shocks.
Inverted Shocks is better than normal shocks.
They have the same speedomeeter.

That's why Brozz is higher price than Shark.
Thanks
Matthew"

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2016, 07:48 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Their price is much lower than what my friend can get it for. However, Peace is no longer the distributor, so these are probably closeout pricing of older model year bikes (hence the non-inverted forks). I would take advantage if I were you! Are they shipping to you, or are you local to them?
That was shipped. She said they are wholesale only so don't have a local place. Its one of those they never even touch the product type places. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because you can get a Storm from Super Scooter(when they get them back in stock) for $1400 shipped and I don't see any difference between it and the Brozz. Maybe the gearing is different?? I wish the guy that started this thread would give us a review but he's prob too busy riding it. lol

Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #22

I would wait and get the Storm... the Storm has a real rear brake after all

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #23

Quick update

Sorry I haven't updated much.. Still waiting on the MSO and although I may or may not have borrowed a plate for testing purposes, I haven't ridden it since the last time I posed. I have all the paperwork in order and cash for DMV, but no MSO. Once that's done I'll be able to take the bike out for real and do some kind of review and collect some data on it. For now it's sitting in my buddy's garage 17 miles from where I live They did say up to 14 days for the MSO when I ordered, so I have to give it til Wednesday before I wig out and start burning minutes...

Old 09-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #24

Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I would wait and get the Storm... the Storm has a real rear brake after all
Too bad it doesn't go fast enough to need it....

Old 09-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANY View Post
Too bad it doesn't go fast enough to need it....
Might not be "fast enough for them" but Drum Brakes have been outdated for many many years now...

First signs of Disk style brake designs started way back in the 1890's... was in "mass production for vehicles" in the mid 1950's by Citroen... so why is it we still have them sh***y Drum Brakes on things in 2016 I ask you

I really don't like working on Drum Brakes is all... Like I said... I would save the $$ and get the Storm with real brakes, if you like to work on Drum Brakes, by all means pay more for the Brozz/Shark with the super sweet Digit Dash

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Might not be "fast enough for them" but Drum Brakes have been outdated for many many years now...

First signs of Disk style brake designs started way back in the 1890's... was in "mass production for vehicles" in the mid 1950's by Citroen... so why is it we still have them sh***y Drum Brakes on things in 2016 I ask you

I really don't like working on Drum Brakes is all... Like I said... I would save the $$ and get the Storm with real brakes, if you like to work on Drum Brakes, by all means pay more for the Brozz/Shark with the super sweet Digit Dash
We could start a thread on drum versus disk but here's a few thoughts;
They have about three times the surface area of pads and thus last a lot longer.
No fading or warping when it gets hot.
They are mostly waterproof so you don't loose braking in the wet.
Easily adjusted.
All machanical linkage. No bleeding, no fuss.

No disrespect intended but some like rear disks because they look cool and think they are more modern but for the speeds we run (like SANY said) they are not needed and shoes are carefree.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Last edited by david3921; 09-11-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:45 AM   #27

I agree on the rear drum brakes, they work just fine on these bikes. How much do you rely on the rear brake anyway? One of my China bikes has a drum rear and one a disk, both work just fine.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
How much do you rely on the rear brake anyway?
A decent amount actually with all the high speed runs and off road hills/trails I ride on, you use the rear brake and engine braking a decent amount and the front brake never gets touched going down a rocky dirt hill... I also get up over 70 - 80 miles per hour while riding my little China Bike, front and rear disk brakes are my friend the way I ride my little 197 YMMV

Old 09-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
We could start a thread on drum versus disk but here a few thoughts;
They have about three times the surface area of pads and thus last a lot longer.
No fading or warping when it gets hot.
They are mostly waterproof so you don't loose braking in the wet.
Easily adjusted.
All machanical linkage. No bleeding, no fuss.

No disrespect intended but some like rear disks because they look cool and think they are more modern but for the speeds we run (like SANY said) they are not needed and shoes are carefree.
And there is no rear brake cylinder sticking down just where a rock can take it out. I like the 11 inch's of clearance my drum gives me.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
And there is no rear brake cylinder sticking down just where a rock can take it out. I like the 11 inch's of clearance my drum gives me.
Your 18in rear tire on the 07K probably helps a bit too for that 11 inches, I think both the Brozz/Shark 250 and my Bashan 'WILL 200' have 17in tires in the rear, it would be interesting to see how much "clearance" is lost on same tire size but Drum vs Disk brake set up, and that goes for "All braking parts clearances" including the Brake Pedal/Pivot points, mounting hardware, swing arm style/design, Drum/Disk/Caliper/etc. heights/widths

It's all personal preference... and when something goes bad in a Drum... I hate working on them and would rather not own them is all I was saying... to each their own after all