Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #16

I'm also with PZ30 and put a 42 slow jet on mine (taken from my GasGas 2-stroke Keihin kit 8)

The local scooter shop sell Polini spare parts (http://www.poliniusa.com/), and they provide all sorts of jets. Check out pages 186-187 of their catalog:

http://free.yudu.com/item/embedded_r...ni?refid=74424

My main jet is very long with something like 12 holes in it, so I ordered this extension with part # 342.0112 so that I can plug whatever main jet I feel like having. Should be here in a week or two...

Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #17

Ok so I decided I'd check the jet needle and move the c clip up to make it run more rich. Put the parts back together and tried starting the bike. Start ed hard and ran like it was full throttle. real thoatyand a lot of backfireing of the engine when I took it for a ride. Gonna tear back into it tonight and lean it out and try it. new plug was really black after short ride.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #18

To be honest the plug looks rich BUT you can be rick on the idle circut and/or the needle jet and lean on the main , which would fit your symptoms well.

When you reassembled the carb you may have missed something causing the high speed. Sticking slide or cable would be my first thought. Another possibility is the slide is in backwards, or an air leak. Don't despair you'll get it. Worst case scenario is an inexpensive better new carb, a worthy upgrade in it's own right.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #19

Ok thanks fast doc! I'm going to put the needle jet back to main position then tomorrow I'm see if I can get new jets at the honda stoee if not I'm going to order a mikuni carb... Got a kawasaki dealer in town without having to drive far.
Thank krasi_bg I'll check out the catalog to!

Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #20

Ok found a brand new 30mm mikuni carb. fits honda xr200cc.sound like the right one?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #21

Btw I meant yamaha shop not kawasaki... My mind is going in different directions lol

Old 03-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdova
Ok so I decided I'd check the jet needle and move the c clip up to make it run more rich.
FYI, moving the clip up leans out the mixture. Moving the clip down causes the needle to lift higher and uncover the main jet, allowing more fuel. That helps to explain the back-firing.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #23

Haha so I had the process backwardslol havent done anything with a carb in a long time and it isnt coming back to me as fast as I'd like lol. And I found out the throttle sticking was sure to the rubber boot on to of the carb....

Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #24

To answer your carb question, I've bought several of these: Carburetor Carb ATV Dirt Bike Quad Honda MIKUNI 30mm They're good quality, cheap, jets are easy to find, cheap, they're well made and they're cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #25

Well made and cheap are usually never put in the same description! Lol but I'll give out a try I ordered one for $38 shipped and I'm sure it won't let me down.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #26

You paid $2 less than I did! Arggh!

Don't forget that you'll need to buy fatter jets, once the carb arrives.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
To answer your carb question, I've bought several of these: Carburetor Carb ATV Dirt Bike Quad Honda MIKUNI 30mm They're good quality, cheap, jets are easy to find, cheap, they're well made and they're cheap.
Plus, they're cheap!

As always, thanks for posting the excellent tip, Weld!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Well made and cheap are usually never put in the same description! Lol but I'll give out a try I ordered one for $38 shipped and I'm sure it won't let me down.
Pleasantly, some of these Chinese products are indeed, well made and inexpensive. I believe my Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle falls into this desirable category.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #29

Quote:
In my experience you can pick any two: good, fast, cheap. What these bikes are not is fast.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
In my experience you can pick any two: good, fast, cheap. What these bikes are not is fast.
That is a very truthful aphorism, Brother Weld. I can verify, my Zong is not very fast! However, it is very good, and inexpensive.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220