Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #31

yup, mirror finish on the exhaust or best as you can, this aids on the carbon built up to min. getting the port floors and roofs equal is the key, the air has to move down the tube at equal speed. I did an idea i read on the golf head. At the point to the inlet valve, changed one side past it sligtly bigger. Not much tho. The idea was to spin the air past the valve stem. Air pressure one side was greater than the other, making the air going in twist past the valve head. This swirl idea was to aid in the "laying" on top of the piston. better spead of the fuel and air mix.

The CFM increased of course, and the proof was on the dyno in the end. Plus the better fuel econ.

The valves seats. i asked a friend who owns a machine shop, to lathe the cast down by 0.5mm and knocked the seats back in. This makes the valves seat more flush in the chamber. Badly done in the chineese factorys by the look of it.

as too 200cc yup i do see then around. i rekon the bike breakers have a few floating around on the shelves.

I use a dremmel and all different grades of paper. flap wheels and drums.. Mind you loads more fiddly on a bike. The ports are a lot smaller.

Stones to start with shaping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Like you, I've done quite a bit of reading about porting and polishing, but I've only done mild work so far. I'm interested in trying a kit I saw that had all of the necessary bits from Standard Abrasives: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SAI-260001/?rtype=10

From what I've read, it's ok to make the exhaust bowl and port mirror-smooth, but the intake needs some texture for proper atomization. I've also read that one has to be careful about how much material is removed on the intake side; the goal is to smooth out the short-side radius and blend the bowl (and pushrod area if equipped). It would sure be nice if we could quantify the results on these bikes, so we know if we're helping or not.

How are you sinking the valve into the head?

On the 200cc engine possibility, do you have much of a supply of 200cc OHC Hondas in the UK? I've read that they're kind of scarce.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #32

Like what you did with those bikes alot. Nice to see what you did with the honda. Here is a pic of a 79 XL I am currently working with. [img][/img]

Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #33

WOW... i lke your honda!.. mmmmm... me me me me! Love to get my paws on one of them..

Progress in my shack!.

sitting pretty!.. front end to install still. Brakes to bleed, renew oil, Clean the tank of old fuel.

and thats about it. Cant wait to fire it up.

Mods. are Baffles knocked threw. dam them chinkies! plate in the baffles.. grrr.. Race CDi, and a ported head.

One of my other bikes i did!..

a Suzi GP100 1980`s era.

the day i got it home.

and the finish...

Love my 2T`s.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #34

Nice job! Looks just like the engine in my '78 TS100.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #35

the sukida SK125GY-A is now 99.9% finished.

New forks. installed. plastics now on. All i need now is some petrol/gas to go in the tank. If the weather mora is fine.. its having a trial run.
first fire up.

grand job!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by satelliteone
the sukida SK125GY-A is now 99.9% finished.

New forks. installed. plastics now on. All i need now is some petrol/gas to go in the tank. If the weather mora is fine.. its having a trial run.
first fire up...
It appears you have the same forks, front hub, brake caliper, and brake rotor as I have on my Zongshen, Sierra 200GY-2. Did you rebuild the forks, or buy new ones?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 AM   #37

Spud they are from a 200GY. Bought another set from ebay. Identical to the originals. I would say it s 200GY with a 125 motor.

Well. got the bike out side and on the 3rd turn of the engine it came to life. adjusted the tick over and pilot screw. sounded very sweet indeed.

I had to rush indoors for my riding gear.

and today managed to get 20 miles or so on the bike.

Suprising power. At first 5 felt quite tight, then it started to loosen up and it revs quite well. on the flat i got near 70mph. It really needs another gear. 6th would be great. Iam going to buy a 17th tooth sproket, that will make it feel like a bigger bike.

Pulling well on hills. quite impressed , porting and the Race CDi makes quite a difference. My neigbour came out and said it sound like a 600..lol nice bark to the exhaust. That was my socket bar down the exhaust and a quick wack down the end to loose the end plate baffle..lol

Over all.. not bad.. i rekon the bike will loosen up with age and pull even better.. and loved being back on two wheels.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #38

What a beautiful riding area!

Adjusted the tick over? You've got me on that one. :?:

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #39

i live on the edge of moor land. weld, awsome place for off roading.

PS. "tick over" idle screw..lol

Some pix of the back yard. on my DTR125 this summer

Winter 2010

and the highest point in the county, lookin west. Cornwall UK.

Just another excuse to take the cam..lol

Old 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #40

Nice pics, and interesting area to ride.

How did your bike do in the snow?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #41

in the snow. loved it. I done 9K miles on the DTR last year, u certainly learn a fair bit off road regarding skills.

The snow n ice on them tyres are very capable. On this road. i did 60mpg, but no front brake control lol..

The tyres are Vee rubber , the best i have used for all conditions. Love riding in bad conditions, I have even sank in mud that deep, i had to get off to pull the bike out. Love learning how to balance when grip is at a min. at one point i span round in a circle and still had my feet on the pegs. Full lock on the bars. I think what you learn in 1 day off road is like a week on the road, also supprising how rusty you get leavin off two wheeling for a while too.

looking forward to the winter again.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #42

Thank you for posting the great photos, S1. If you have time, we would love to have you post a thread, and more photos, in our Ride Report Forum! We love to see photographs of the bikes in their natural habitats.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #43

Is that the highest point because somebody stacked some rocks? if you're ever on this side of the pond, we'll take you to places that will make your nose bleed.

Seriously, I say again that you have a beautiful riding area. Thanks for the pics.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #44

I bet weld.. some awsome places over there. I was born in the wrong country. IMO..

Glad i shared some great pix, not often u see a thousand words.