Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #76

http://www.jnjcars.com/specials/

found it, the wife keeps every business card we have ever gotten even if she knows they are no good anymore.

the place appears to still be there

Old 05-05-2017, 10:02 AM   #77

Totaled my Brozz=CARELESS DRIVERS SUCK

Last night on my way home from work an oncoming car making a left turn didn't see me and turned right in front of me.. Bike is toast. I'm ok except for a sprained ankle and a sore back, but I'm really angry. I am a good rider.. respectful, careful and follow all the rules. I wish people would think again and look where they're going. Now I have to call my insurance company and get that ball rolling. Luckily I have the best coverage I could buy and the guy that caused the accident had good insurance as well. He admitted fault and was ticketed.

Be careful out there folks.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANY View Post
Last night on my way home from work an oncoming car making a left turn didn't see me and turned right in front of me.. Bike is toast. I'm ok except for a sprained ankle and a sore back, but I'm really angry. I am a good rider.. respectful, careful and follow all the rules. I wish people would think again and look where they're going. Now I have to call my insurance company and get that ball rolling. Luckily I have the best coverage I could buy and the guy that caused the accident had good insurance as well. He admitted fault and was ticketed.

Be careful out there folks.
Sorry to hear. Been there done that. Lady pulled out in front of me and all I could do was hit the brakes and lay down the bike. The bike went under the car and I flew over the car. I didn't brake anything but felt like a full body sprain for about a week and a half. Hope you don't hurt as much as I did. Your going to be real stiff by tomorrow. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 05-05-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #79

Nobody ever "sees" bikes. Number one excuse used at accidents or when they cut you off, almost hit you, or run you off the road. You can have loud pipes, be slathered from head to toe in reflective high vis yellow, and put a disco ball on your head yet they still won't see you. People are too distracted these days and don't take the time to actually look. Hell, I used to drive tractor-trailers, and people would "not see me" either. How do you not see a 13ft tall, 9ft wide 70ft long vehicle?

Glad you are ok and could walk away. Not many people get that lucky in those types of crashes. Sucks about the bike, but at least it's easy to get another one.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #80

Sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad you are OK.
Maybe time for an RX3?

Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #81

I'm almost positive that bike was worth at least $5,000.00

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad you are OK.
Maybe time for an RX3?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-05-2017, 10:51 PM   #83

Glad you are ok

Old 05-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #84

Glad to hear you're physically OK....remember to always ride like #1 you're invisible and #2 everyone else behind a steering wheel is a careless dickweed.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 05-06-2017, 12:39 AM   #85

It's not just motorcycles they hit. I had somebody pull out and drive into the side of my car while texting. The guy tried to blame me, asked if he could move his car to side of the road but instead floored it before I could get any info or a plate number. He didn't even hit the brakes before he hit me. If you don't notice a car how will you see a bike.

It's sad and true...

Old 05-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
It's not just motorcycles they hit. I had somebody pull out and drive into the side of my car while texting. The guy tried to blame me, asked if he could move his car to side of the road but instead floored it before I could get any info or a plate number. He didn't even hit the brakes before he hit me. If you don't notice a car how will you see a bike.

It's sad and true...
So this is a good reminder for the first thing to do is start taking pictures immediately especially the licence plate
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #87

Glad to hear your injuries were seemingly minor. It's not that they don't see us, it's that they don't look.