Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2022, 05:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFOlivier View Post
I have just checked out my X-pect, and the resistance of the starter solonoid is 3.5 ohms. I also see 2 of the same 2 way plugs beneath the saddle are you sure you did not get them mixed up when you filled them with grease or perhaps caused the 2 male pins to get bent and when you push them together they short circuit
Wow. That’s good thinking. You are a genius when it comes to electrical systems. Well worth a check by the OP

Old 04-02-2022, 10:13 PM   #17

Life in my way guys lol. I definitely did not mess up the plug in any way I am very familiar with delicate little components. But where are you guys getting your OHM reading between? Which two points I mean. Please, I guess I'm confused.
Can I put a pic in here?

Old 04-03-2022, 08:29 AM   #18

Under the seat there are those two 2 way plugs I was talking about, one of them has like a plastic cube over it and it goes nowhere the other is the one that joins with the start solenoid. Unplug that connector and the female side goes to the start solenoid coil so with your meter on the ohm scale put the points of your meter leads into those female contacts and read off the value in ohms. Mine reads about 5.5ohms and if yours reads below 1 ohm you have a problem. With some solenoids randomly purchased you need to check the coil connections for ground as sometimes one end of the coil is grounded and if your wiring is the wrong way around the hot goes to ground and blows the fuse, However if the solenoid has a grounded coil it will bypass the system that prevents you from starting in gear. The other side of the 2 way plug has 2 thin male blades and with the plug disconnected will blow the fuse if there is a ground fault from the start button when you press start, take a good look at those blades in that part of the plug as they could have got bent.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:34 AM   #19

If I remember correctly the wiring to the plug had yellow and red wires, and the other blanked off plug had a green wire in it so just check that those plugs are going to the correct places, if the one with the green wire in it is connected to the start solenoid they are reversed.

Tags
fuse, iat, starter circuit relay, xpect