Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2024, 03:02 PM   #1

Trying to figure out my new carburetor

I bought from Amazon a 32mm carb for my 200cc Zongshen engine. I've got most of it figured out, but one question lingers. In the first picture you see a hose from the bottom of the float bowl to the opposite side of the carb near the throttle. (Ignore the extra length as I don't want to cut things until I'm sure where they go.) In the second picture you see a nipple just like in the first picture but on the opposite side. I haven't been able to discover its purpose. Should it be connected to something, covered or just left as is?

Old 04-10-2024, 03:11 PM   #2

The one in the second pic is where you connect the line to the fuel tank
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old 04-10-2024, 03:35 PM   #3

Good guess, but the fuel line goes to a larger nipple on the other side (not shown in previous pictures).

Old 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM   #4

Got it. Looking online I believe there's two overflow connections. One currently has the fuel bowl drain connected to it and the other is the one you circled.
https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,4543258
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old 04-10-2024, 06:07 PM   #5

Thanks, that makes sense. The other small nipple takes overflow fuel back to the intake. I suppose the second one could be connected to a hose that arcs up and then empties down below the engine. I assume both are there in case the float valve sticks open.

Old 04-10-2024, 08:02 PM   #6

tuning a 32 mm carb for a china 200 c.c. is going to be frustrating .Good Luck !

Old 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM   #7

Remove the hose end from the float bowl drain spigot, measure that hose length and make a second one the same length. Put it on the vent tube you circled by the choke lever. Run the left side up, over and down the opposite side, doing the same on the right side to the opposite side. Two small zip ties to keep them together (and out of the way) to allow the air pressure to equalize in the float bowl. The pic below shows those two hoses are kept together with a small plastic sleeve.
Don't forget to add a length of hose to the float bowl drain tube.

Old 04-10-2024, 09:50 PM   #8

Dirtbkr188 -
Thanks for the picture. I have one more question. In my second photo above you can see a small nipple at the bottom of the float bowl. Is that used when draining the bowl, or does it have another purpose?

Old 04-22-2024, 07:35 AM   #9

It sounds like you're delving into some serious tinkering with your engine! Regarding the mysterious nipple in the second picture, it might serve as an overflow or breather for the carburetor. Typically, it's left open to the atmosphere, but spectrum billing support it's wise to double-check your carburetor's manual or reach out to Zongshen for confirmation. Better safe than sorry when it comes to engine components! If you're uncertain, covering it temporarily while you gather more information could be a cautious approach.