Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #1

2-piece pilot jets in PZ30 carbs

I thought I would go ahead and post this information on the two piece pilot jets with links to posts about them...

My Bashan Storm, and my son's Tao TBR7 both came with PZ30 clone carbs with two piece pilot jets. I found them on AliExpress and ordered them. They are so cheap, I got two identical assortments just in case we need the same pilot jet.

The assortment came in three packs of 4 jets, and I got 2 of each:
30, 31, 33, 34
38, 40, 42, 45
48, 50, 52, 55

Name:  110-5jet.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  188.1 KB

The two jets on the left came out of the bikes. They are different lengths, but the shorter jets fit and work just fine (the tip is under fuel in the float bowl, no problem). The longer one came out of my "Youall" branded PZ30 (the Storm).

There are a few good posts on these and the PZ30 carbs they come out of:
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....5&postcount=39

http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....7&postcount=40

The dimensions are useful to know, in case you hunt for these on AliExpress. The shipping is slow. Mine came in ~1 month. But they are so cheap and it is good to have a full range of sizes to choose from, it was worth the wait. Weather has been crappy anyway

Last edited by Thumper; 11-26-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:42 AM   #2

Just a heads up, these may or may not be the exact measurement stated on the jets. Fighting these is actually what caused me to go just buy a PZ30 clone with standard pilot jets that are much easier to find for my TBR7. All in it was only about 34$ for the new carb and some jets.
tbr7.com/upgrades/fuel-system

Old 04-15-2022, 10:59 AM   #3

The ones I have used gave me predictable changes. No problems. And I have many to compare and choose from. And they cost me less than $15, and I have lots of spares to help out friends jet their carbs.

Also, it is easy to check the jet size. You can see the difference visually. If you want, you can even use stripped wire, straightened paper clips, or wire brads to probe the size of the port. And my OEM PZ30 is an adequate carb for this engine. I really don't have any reason to buy another carb.

One of my goals is to keep the expenses on this bike to absolute minimum.

Last edited by Thumper; 04-15-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:35 PM   #4

Why do you need that many jets, you only need the right one.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Why do you need that many jets, you only need the right one.
Are you sure you have the right one? Finding the right one takes testing. Install, ride. Adjust needle height, ride, then install another main jet, and ride. Adjust pilot screw, ride, test, replace pilot jet, and adjust pilot screw, test.

Sometimes it all comes together right away. Then you take the bike to the mountains, and change jets. A quiver of jets is useful!! And as I said, $15 for an assortment to drift up or down is awesome! I'd rather rejet than buy a new carb and start all over!

Last edited by Thumper; 04-16-2022 at 09:48 AM.