Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #1

I hope it happens (a move for us)IT HAPPENED finally

Well with the way things are around here real estate has become dirt cheap and we have found a decent sized parcel of land for next to nothing.

It is only 132x338 but a far cry larger than the postage stamp we are on now(40x136)

It is a scary move right now with my wife not working but we have to go for it and we are really hoping to get it.
No mortgage just a cash purchase then we'd have to try and sell our current home or rent it or just wave it bye-bye :oops: .

There is a house that comes along with the land but it is in need of repair (who'd figure at the low price of $14k :roll: ) and no garage but that just means we can fix it up the way we want and I can build the biggest garage I can (hoping for a 30x40-45 in 2-3 years(cash & codes being the decider))

Right now I hate the house we are in yes yes it is still home but it rubs me the wrong way like rubbing a pets fur backwards does to a pet.
Right now I have to deal with moving cars around to get in and out of a cramped yard and we have been here for so long its time for a change.
The other place is a little smaller than a football field but large enough to putt around on our toys and test them and have a little fun.
(I'll try not to tick off the neighbors)

I was telling the guys at work if I get it I might just be seen running around the yard like Julie Andrews in the movie "the sound of music"..............
ok I doubt I'd go that far but I will be smiling from ear to ear.

If it all goes thru I'll post pics of the rundown house(and property) that I'll have to fix up (but its worth it to me)