Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #1

*warning* this thread is a rant

so i put a listing on cl to trade my 2010 model kicker vr 12 dual 4ohm voice coil sub and box for a 10in dual voice coil sub and box. had a guy email me with a pair of precision power dual voice cail 4ohm 1000w 10 inch subs wanting to trade.. so i met with him today and did the trade after testing one of the subs out becuase the 2nd one was not wired up

now i myself WOULD NEVER KNOWING SELL OR TRADE A DEFECTIVE ITEM TO ANY ONE EVER !!!!

so i get home, and start rewiring the subs with a thicker guage wire and thats when i get the sick feeling in my stomach.i notice that one of the subs is coming apart. now the epoxy holding that part of it together is failing. so i txt the guy and say hey man to man one of these subs is coming apart.. he txted me back saying ya i know just glue it back together.. so im like wtf dude, why didnt you tell me that to start with last week when you first emailed me. id have called around to places like custom sounds and asked them can it be epoxied back together. if ti could have id have still done the trade.. well he stopped repling to my txts and phone calls..

this guy is severaly stupid, i have his first and last name, email addy, all emails, cell phone number, all txts between me and him, and he told me where his gf works. so if i really wanted to i could involve the cops for him knowingly frauding me.. the kicker sub i traded him was 162 bucks out the door after tax when i bought it brand new.

i dont get why people have to lie and cheat and steal, just be up front and honest with other people. id have still done this deal becuase the subs he had that i now have are 140 online so i got the better deal. but still he kind of messed me over and for what a stupid sub woofer.

now if i go to sell this other sub since i am not using it, i will fix it and i will tell the buyer that hey this has been repaired, i did contact precision power them selves (which i actually did) and they told me what to use and how to fix it.. that way i am not ripping the buyer off.. i just want to know what is so wrong with the world today that people just cant be honest. at least the red neck i bought my quad from was upfront and honest about why it didnt run, and guess what he was wrong about half of it. but i still bought it any way.. ugh it just ticks me off that this guy decided to rip me off, i even asked him 3 times over this weekend "those subs are in working condition right ? " " jsut be honest and up front with me, they are not blown, broken, or anything bad " and every time he said nope they are in mint working condition..

i guess thats why i get for trying to have some faith in the human race that there is still some good in every body..

oh well my sub and box costs 212ish brand new, and these 2 10s costs 260ish brand new.. even tho i have to fix one i still came out ahead.. and i was HONEST ABOUT IT, i was HONEST ABOUT THE PRICE DIFFERENCE WHEN I TOLD HIM THE PRICE DIFFERENCE.. all so that way i wouldnt feel like i ripped him off..

rant over with