Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #1

NEED SOME MAJOR HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Ok so I just got a bright blue viva VX250S dirtbike.. I dont Know anything about it ..... And i need parts for it. IT is not running battery in it was leaking. Needs new gas tank and cap since i had to destroy the first one since owner lost keys. I need to flush the system and probably replace the harnessing. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT PARTS OR WHERE TO GET THEM PLEASE

team_static_age@msn.com

Old 06-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums. Those bikes were popular for awhile. I believe that parts from other 250 models will work.

The wiring should be pretty basic. I would try contacting giobikes.com for parts. They are in Canada, but there 250 model may share the same parts.

Battery can be found at walmart. You could also try and use a tank from a honda/yam/suz/kaw etc. I have been using a dr350 tank for the last year or so.

Allen

Old 06-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #3

Yeah I had to take a screw driver and a hammer and bust it and just screwed the tank up. But yeah im not sure what year or if its a 2 stroke or what. Or what is wrong with it. Any help would be great. Thank you all very much. Also do you know how fast this bike can go>?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #4

It is a 4 stroke. Most likely an 06/07 model.

Speed depends on gearing. Probably geared for dirt so 50-60mph.

Right now 0mph.

We are going to need alot more info on the bikes condition before we can help get it going. Also pics are good.

Allen

Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #5

Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #6

Alright there we go. I got the stupid lock cap off of it. Anything you guys can tell me about this bike.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 AM   #7

This may be of help, the Viva VX250 is the same as the Hongdou MD250GY (I have one). The wireing is different in that it uses 1/4 inch connections for the CDI and regulator rather than the more usual 2.8mm mini terminals.

Jonathan.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:24 AM   #8

The gas tank was absolutely empy.. bone dry. I have no idea if its a 2 stroke or a 4. Also do you guys think i should switch out the fluids on everything and flush the engine clean.. Can anyone suggest what i need to do. I was gonna take it to a local dirt bike shop but i doubt they know what to do with a chinese bike..

Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #9

That bike is a 4 stroke. They only hold about a quart of oil so go ahead and change it out. I use rotella 15w40 diesel oil, but you can get valvoline 4 stoke oil. 10w40 is usually the recommended weight.

The rotella is cheap.

First. Can you kick the engine over? It not then you go more work to do. You can make you own wiring harness. There is not that many wires. So lets get the engine running. I would like that if it has sat that the carb is in need of attention. Take it off and clean it.

Then address the wiring. I am sure we can find a diagram. Get it running and you can move on to the rest of the bike.

Also it appears that is has seen some moisture at some point. Maybe a humid garage. Lots of rusty parts. I would take the chain off and at least soak it good in oil and then clean it and relube it. Or just get a new one.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #10

That bike looks alot like the Hummer 250 that PR Industries sold.

It sounds like you're saying that the gas tank is ok now. There has been alot of debate on this forum about oil, but I recommend that you use motorcycle oil only. You can buy Castrol 15W40 at Wal-Mart for cheap (you'll need about 1 quart / litre).

Swap out the spark plug with an NGK. I believe that the best choice would be DPR8EA 9.

The engine is based on the classic Honda vertical single. It is a four stroke (you can tell that from just the exhaust pipe) and parts are easily obtained. Don't even consider using that chain; you can usually buy an RK non o-ring chain for around $20.00 Get it running first.

It would be wise to carefully remove the float bowl on the bottom of the carb and clean it. You can just hit it with some carb cleaner spray, also available at Wal-Mart.

Once you have a new plug and fresh fuel and oil, kick it over and tell us what happened. Good luck.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #11

Ok so what size is the chain and how should i go about changing oil and fixing the carb on this thing. Sorry if its a bunch of noob stuff but i never road dirt bikes. Dont know a thing about them, usually just stick to drag racing. I appreciate your help greatly

Old 06-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #12

Also what battery would fir it

Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #13

You had me at drag racing.

Look underneath the engine, and you should find a drain plug (there should be a corresponding hole in the skidplate that will provide access). Remove it and allow the oil to drain into a pan. Look on the left side of the engine, right in front of the gear shift, and you'll see a large silver nut (I can see it in your photos). Carefully remove the nut, and it will reveal a spring and filter (note which way the spring and filter come out). Clean the filter and nut with some carb cleaner and re-install it. Don't over-tighten the nut, or you will break it.

The chain is likely a 428, but take it into a bike shop for comparison. Do you have experience with master links?

Don't know about the battery; maybe someone else can chime in here. If you don't get an answer, just measure the space that the battery would occupy, note which side the positive wire would be on and head to Wal-Mart. They'll have something that'll work.

Cheers!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #14

Wondering what is happening with this? No activity for a while!

Old 08-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #15

Yeah man, we need closure!