Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #1

Fun on my 250

I picked up a Hummer 250 a few weeks ago, which is also a Roketa, or Giovanni; you know how it goes. Its a Zongshen 250cc motor powering it, and from the looks of it, its a push rod engine. I paid too much for it I realized after looking around and seeing them go on ebay for a third of what I paid. Oh well, live and learn. I ran into my first problem within a couple of hours of riding; the bolts holding the rear sprocket on came loose. Some loctite later, and some fiddling, and its on there good now. So far nothing else has come loose.

I went through hell trying to adjust the rear suspension, and eventually resorted to using a screw driver and hammer, after having both a yamaha and a honda mechanic tell thats how they do it.

She creaks and squeaks going over the rough stuff, but nothing has bent, and nothing else has come loose (knock on wood). I've only been taking her on short rides, 20 minutes or less at a time just to keep an eye on things. The trails where I am are pretty rocky, and pretty rough. She handles it just fine for the most part, and I haven't dumped her yet. Lots of fun doing donuts in a sand pit near the trails. Scared the crap out of a couple of the young kids riding around on 125's with it. Left a couple of 125 2 strokes in the dust. :)

I'm 280lbs, and 6'6", and I'm not having any lack of power, or fun for that matter. This is the first dirt bike I've been on in probably 12 years, and its not letting me down. Next weekend I might even go on a longer trail ride, try to find some nicer, smoother, trails. Now if only some of my friends would buy one too.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #2

Welcome Ace,
Best advice I can give you is Loc-tite every nut and bolt you can, lube everything that needs it and take a look at the Prep thread on this site, it applies to all china bikes... Have Fun....

Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Welcome Ace. Like ambassador said, sounds like the suspension linkage needs lube. As some of these bikes don't have zerk fittings, you might have to pull the bolts.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 08-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #4

Yeah, no fittings, I'll have to pull it all apart. Most of the suspension linkage is pins with washers and cotter pins. Easy enough to take apart anyway. ;)

Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #5

You might want to replace the pins with real bolts that are grade 8. Then drill and tap some grease fittings in there.

Allen