Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 AM   #16

Trick i use for my battered body on long rides is to take my pain meds before I even begin my trip. I usually take an aleve or motrin about half an hour before I take off. It helps reduce fatigue from riding in pain. I wont list them all, but a bad back, arthritis in hands and knees, and a shoulder injury that never healed fully tend to be the biggest issues i have.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-24-2017, 04:13 AM   #17

I do the same thing. I want to go back in time when I was 20 and talk to myself.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
I do the same thing. I want to go back in time when I was 20 and talk to myself.
If I did that that I probably wouldn't listen.

Welcome to the Nuthouse Heedehcheenuh.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:59 AM   #19

I am legit now and rolling legal. Tags registration 1yr permit and insurance. Now I have to get a belt. Chinese belt could not hang with my heavy fist lol Muffler on the way also. That crack has me changing it before anything breaks. Even in the rain today she ran like a VIP Champ lol Not a Future Champ. I am so enjoying this. I was still at the DMV when the drizzle started and told myself to ride it like you stole it.

Heedehcheenuh

Chuck D

Ride on.....

Old 05-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #20

New Gates belt on and nut on exhaust. She is smooth as can be. New exhaust will be here Tuesday as well as GPS speedometer and mounting pod for it. Best loose change I have spent so far. 15/38 gears are next and let her ride. Tires will go from 120/70-12 to 110/90-12 to also give me the top speed needed. The power should fall in the range I need. If not variator weights rollers/ sliders can do the rest.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Old 06-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #21

I went on an 18 mile run today and she ran perfect. New Gates belt-NGK plug-oil/gear oil change-exhaust-GPS speedometer and a tank of gas. I held my own running 50-57 mph (GPS). On a flat stretch I held 50 mph at 8000 rpm so the gear change will put me to my sweet spot and may stay with factory style tire but Michelin brand. I noticed the clutch bell had a little wobble (Bad machine work) and may replace it with a better brand. Still only have 300 kl on the Chinese odometer.

Each time I go out I travel a little farther just to test myself and the scooter. My R.A. (Rheumatoid Arthritis) gets the best of me at times.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170530_204205228.jpg (94.0 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170530_204459036.jpg (93.0 KB, 207 views)

Old 06-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #22

Gears are in and much better. 60 mph (GPS) in a head wind. They had 12/40 gears in it; stock setup. Lower rpms for the runs so far all under 8000 rpm and just riding. No more 8000-9000 rpm runs lol.
I knew the gear change would do the trick. Now to finish breaking here in to see if I need to tweak the motor or if she can handle the runs and load. 3.33 final gear ratio stock to 2.31 ratio performance gears. She is not as buzzy sounding or feeling running 55 mph up hill and smooth as can get. i hope to get a camera set up to record some of the runs showing the GPS and Chinese speedometer with the tachometer in one shot. I have a cheap NABI camera but no mount yet.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170605_102158080.jpg (97.8 KB, 196 views)

Old 06-05-2017, 05:03 PM   #23

Just went back out running 62.8 mph GPS in the head wind tucked and grinning lol yes things work out when you plan around a setup that you want. She is not as snappy out of the hole anymore, just smooth, and lowered the rpm down so now I can calculate the rollers/sliders - tires- and cold air adjustment I want. I may put the baffle back in the exhaust to see if there is any difference with vrs without it.​

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
​Ride on.....

Old 06-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #24

OK I hit a wall ... sort of. I have done a few runs and she has maxed the torque and speed at 50-53 mph (GPS) up hill around 7000-7200 rpm. Do I need more air / fuel / or both? Lets say stock is 24mm and I am looking into the polished intake with a 26mm-28mm (not to large) carb to get more air and both carbs can be had with jets to richen or learn her out (I prefer rich to save motor). Also what is up with the cam ratios?!?! I know small block Chevy cams- heads-intake performances but I am new to the scooters lol. I know the gear ratio will be best for the BBK in the future but right now I am looking at carb / intake / air filter to change that will work with the 150cc and be adjustable with the BBK in the future.
I have been down and out for over a week now (R.A. has kick my butt big time) from my left knee and leg being swollen the size of a volley ball. The motor is sill not broke in yet , still under 500 miles, and I want to ride ... so bad. The weather also has been picking at me but hey that happens living in the south east.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #25

I am not sure how steep the hill(s) you mention are, but on my daily commute, my TGB 150 slows from (an indicated on the speedo which is probably somewhat accurate) 62, 63 mph to 54, 55 on a couple blocks long hill at a few percent grade. It is the only hill I encounter in 16+ miles, and is only a couple blocks long, but it is annoying because I have to make a left once I get to the top and it flattens out, but bunches of traffic catches up (it is a four lane highway), so I sometimes am powerless to keep ahead of traffic and have to wait for the bunches of cars to pass me in the left lane so I can maneuver over to the left.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I am not sure how steep the hill(s) you mention are, but on my daily commute, my TGB 150 slows from (an indicated on the speedo which is probably somewhat accurate) 62, 63 mph to 54, 55 on a couple blocks long hill at a few percent grade. It is the only hill I encounter in 16+ miles, and is only a couple blocks long, but it is annoying because I have to make a left once I get to the top and it flattens out, but bunches of traffic catches up (it is a four lane highway), so I sometimes am powerless to keep ahead of traffic and have to wait for the bunches of cars to pass me in the left lane so I can maneuver over to the left.
Yeah that is why I stopped looking at my Chinese speedo lol At 53-55 mph (GPS) the Chino was reading 60-65 mph. At my top speed run of 65 mph (GPS) it was well past 70 on the Chino and had me laughing the whole time. With no head wind and on a flat she will run 60-65 mph (GPS) accurate. My whole plan is working just need to tweak her a little more for those uphill into the wind days lol. I need to adjust the torque band up 1000 rpm but I will figure it out.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

p.s. My cousins scooter was running 53 mph (GPS) while showing 60 mph on the Chino also.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:40 PM   #27

I will need to borrow my wife's smart phone to check my speedo against GPS. I have no reason to doubt it is somewhat accurate due to its Taiwanese origin (vs. Chinese of the Taotao, etc), but I question it being spot on.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #28

Link to video of me doing a test run. I was riding and my nephew was behind me but I did not know who it was. Hit the turn before the bridge running 58.3 mph GPS (caution 45 mph turn) and the death wobble started lol I know better than that. Maybe getting ready to change gears again and do a variator weight/roller (not sliders) change. She rides good and adjusting to her real good. Trying to set my torque up in the right spot.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Old 06-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #29

Ok test are in. Wish I had videoed the runs.
1st change on rollers- 3x6g + 3x8g rollers total gave me 7g set...10,000 rpm max and saw 60 mph GPS.
2nd change on rollers- 3x9g + 3x11g rollers total gave me 10g set...8,000 rpm max and saw 58-59 mph GPS.
3rd change on rollers- 3x8g + 3x10g rollers total gave me 9g set.....9,000 rpm max and saw 58-59 mph GPS.
Very windy day here so speeds are off a lot. Gust upwards of 10-15 mph I think.
No gear change yet just trying the roller weight tune kit to figure what rollers to order. Hoca variator came with 12g set x6 but did not try them yet. I need a gram scale lol The Hoca gears are setting in the bottom of the tool box and have not been looked at yet. Did SSP-G buy Hoca out or the other way around? SSP-G is a German based company so quality should be good...I hope. The stock variator rollers had some bad ..and I mean bad flat spots all around them.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Ride on.....

Old 06-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #30

I haven't messed with rollers much (yet), but have been intrigued by sliders. They make sense in theory; do you plan to try some?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer