Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #16

Like someone (or was it you??) mentioned on the other thread, Don has probably never seen them in person. They are sitting at Bashan's 'secret' warehouse in So. Calif. (I say 'secret' because they are near impossible to track down, and I have tracked down a few). They are a different warehouse than Kandi USA (aka Jass Motorsports) who only distribute the Shark and Brozz (one of the 'few' who I tracked down). There are some companies whose principal people travel back and forth to China and have a warehouse in the US who are really and truly only known to dealers and some distributors, and don't have a website (hence the 'secret' part). Bashan, itself, has eluded me, while I have known the Brozz/Shark distributors for a few years now (prior to Kandi, they were distributed by Peace Sports who still have 2014 models leftover as member letsride can attest to )

If the planets align, I plan on getting a Brozz. The Hawk and Enforcer do not appeal to me due to the lack of a rack (used to be STANDARD on pretty much every Chinese enduro) as well as the very off-road oriented tires. I guess, if the Enforcer came with a rack and more street-oriented dual sport tires, then it would be called the Shark

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Like someone (or was it you??) mentioned on the other thread, Don has probably never seen them in person. They are sitting at Bashan's 'secret' warehouse in So. Calif. (I say 'secret' because they are near impossible to track down, and I have tracked down a few). They are a different warehouse than Kandi USA (aka Jass Motorsports) who only distribute the Shark and Brozz (one of the 'few' who I tracked down). There are some companies whose principal people travel back and forth to China and have a warehouse in the US who are really and truly only known to dealers and some distributors, and don't have a website (hence the 'secret' part). Bashan, itself, has eluded me, while I have known the Brozz/Shark distributors for a few years now (prior to Kandi, they were distributed by Peace Sports who still have 2014 models leftover as member letsride can attest to )

If the planets align, I plan on getting a Brozz. The Hawk and Enforcer do not appeal to me due to the lack of a rack (used to be STANDARD on pretty much every Chinese enduro) as well as the very off-road oriented tires. I guess, if the Enforcer came with a rack and more street-oriented dual sport tires, then it would be called the Shark
The Brozz does look like a really nice bike, and much more suited for road riding than a Hawk or Enforcer. I plan on mainly trail riding and very little, if any road riding.

And not sure if you saw where I posted in another thread, Don emailed me back saying he has not seen an enforcer yet and was misinformed by his Bashan rep, and supposedly the Enforcer WILL have a counter balanced engine for 2018, and he apologized for the incorrect info.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #18

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum and thinking of purchasing an enforcer this week. Does anyone know how much assembly is required. I talked to Don and he said all you have to do is put on the front wheel and fender and its good to go. He said probably an hour tops for assembly. Can anyone verify this?

Old 03-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybay33 View Post
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum and thinking of purchasing an enforcer this week. Does anyone know how much assembly is required. I talked to Don and he said all you have to do is put on the front wheel and fender and its good to go. He said probably an hour tops for assembly. Can anyone verify this?
Don is such a comedian...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #20

It's people like Don who are ruining the market on these fun little bikes .

Old 03-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #21

So how much assembly is actually required. I am just curious as I have never dealt with one of these bikes. I just want to know what I am getting into. Is it about the same assembly as the hawk?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #22

It should be very close to the hawk ,we do not know much about the enforcer yet ,they are very new and I think we have only two assembled so far and that was this past week ,you might look at those threads to see if it's something you might take on .

Old 03-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #23

ok cool, thanks for you help

Old 03-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #24

Enforcer17 and ski_rush are the two members around here who just bought them and assembled them. Look over their threads on assembly and what not. It took longer than 'an hour'. Don seems to be a decent dealer, provided you have some mechanical knowledge, and patience (shipping times seems to be an issue with some dealers, including his, as of late), but for quite a while, his reputation was impeccable. He was the dealer of dealers. Then, he started making promises that couldn't be kept to some members. It seemed odd, a fluke, maybe the members were like those same people 10 years ago who bought Chinese bikes for $1k and expected the quality and ability to be beaten up like a $4k Honda? Then, it kept happening, mostly with promises of shipping and actual shipping times, and no communication as to what is REALLY going on. No, I don't mean to beat up on him, but just from all the negative posts regarding ASPCUSA the past year. Obviously, there are happy purchasers, including our two Enforcer guinea pigs, ski_rush and Enforcer17, so it isn't all gloom and doom with ASPCUSA, either. But even with them, they couldn't get a green one, as they were told something about a train and a warehouse back in California, and found out the engine was not a counter-balanced one as Don admitted he had not seen an Enforcer in person (thus these two purchasers were really and truly guinea pigs).

All that being said, I am sure your purchase for an Enforcer will go fine. He does seem to have good service with certain products, and the Enforcer is one of them. The two members who bought one, and the rest of us, can help you assemble your bike, and don't be surprised if it takes you a few days.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #25

Assembly of the Enforcer takes more than an hour. But, I really took my time to do it right and enjoy the process. I used thread locker on everything that I could and should. I also used grease on the axle bolt. I could have assembled it an hour, but why rush it? After I was done I wanted to do it again.

You have to mount the handle bar, throttle grip, front brake lever to the handle bar, and instrument cluster. After that, it gets really easy. Mount up the front fender, headlight, front wheel, etc. It's really very simple. The only wiring is plugging in the headlight.

The hard thing is that there are no instructions and mine came with a lot of these extra metal grommets that I didn't need. So I sat there wondering where they go and why I had them...Then others on here confirmed that their bikes were also shipped with extra hardware too.

It went together well and didn't take long. There's also time involved in filling and charging the battery and changing the oil and brake fluid.

On a side note, I had no shipping damage and the fit and finish of the bike is impressive... Especially for this price.

I'm still planning on posting a build thread; it just takes time to do that... Ironically, about as long as building the bike

Last edited by Ski_rush; 03-11-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybay33 View Post
Hey JayBay, welcome...I just ordered an Enforcer from Don earlier this week and haven't heard anything about shipping yet...I actually wrote him yesterday and said I'd like a green one IF they are available when you're ready to ship, and he did write right back. His communication has been great so far...and I'm in no hurry since I'm in a frozen tundra ATM.

Got to take a spin on my Kawy 650 this morning...up and down the driveway plowing it Sooooo freakin' cold out there!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Don is such a comedian...
yea i saw the part where he designed the enforcer.......
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 03-12-2017, 10:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
yea i saw the part where he designed the enforcer.......
Well in his defense I'm not exactly sure how he worded it...Anyone who's spoken to him knows he likes to talk up a storm, like any good salesman, but he did indicate some involvement in it's design, I thought. And he very well may have been giving them input. Like everything with these Chinese bikes, who knows!

Old 03-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #29

Thanks for all the info guys. Ski rush, did you have any issues registering it?

Old 03-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #30

My new Enforcer has been shipped....From where and what color, I have no idea...That's all part of the Chinese bike experience, right??

I've spend the past 3 days clearing snow. We had a record breaking epic snowstorm....32" in a 24 hour period. Just f***ing unbelievable!! I have 4 rental properties, plus my own country property, and several neighbors that i plow, and wow....stick a fork in me....I'm done!! All with a 5 hp snowblower and a 650 Kawasaki Brute Force with a 5' plow, and my old F150 4x4 pickup, that i am so glad got new tires last fall. I actually got stuck on city streets several times.

But onto brighter times, hopefully...a new toy coming to assemble :-)