Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #16

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
I am experienced, However it was simple. I had to install front tire, handlebars, and the back half of the exhaust. The left side handlebar controls and mirrors, then tighten everything. I have a impact driver/drill so that saveg time. un-crating was prolly the hardest thing :-)
oh yea add acid to the battery
Be sure to go over every bolt and nut and locktight every thing as you go. My bike came with loose everything (and Iam not kidding).

Old 09-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #17

Quote:
I am experienced, However it was simple. I had to install front tire, handlebars, and the back half of the exhaust. The left side handlebar controls and mirrors, then tighten everything. I have a impact driver/drill so that saveg time. un-crating was prolly the hardest thing :-)
oh yea add acid to the battery
Motocheez does a video on building a Magician, and I believe everything you mentioned was in the video. I think the video would be the best tool for someone not as experienced. I am not a mechanic by any means, but have assembled a scooter, an ATV, and two enduros over the past 10 years, and did not find them difficult, but if there was a video on any of the vehicles, I would have watched them. Actually, the ATV, a Taotao branded 125, did have a video and I did watch it, and if I was getting a Magician or a Hawk, I know there are videos on assembling both bikes, and I would watch them if I was you, 'motorcyclelove.'

Jmcgee--do you have photos? Can you please count the teeth on the rear sprocket? I am curious what size it comes with, stock. I am guessing the counter-sprocket is a 14 or 15 like the Hawk?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Be sure to go over every bolt and nut and locktight every thing as you go. My bike came with loose everything (and Iam not kidding).
Thanks for the advice! I will make sure to thoroughly go over it. Also, do you(or anyone else here) know the make of the Magician? Is it Haosen? I just want to know for insurance/registration purposes.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I will make sure to thoroughly go over it. Also, do you(or anyone else here) know the make of the Magician? Is it Haosen? I just want to know for insurance/registration purposes.
You will probably want to ask Adam or one of the few who own the bike. They do not appear on the Haosen site, while the other bikes on RPS's site do.

I did find out that the stock rear sprocket according to a guy who posted on the threads following Motocheez's Magician video (he also owns a Magician) is a street-friendly 45 teeth. One less thing to worry about having to upgrade...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #20

Sorry I missed your sprocket question, I have been working a lot right now, I have problems registering this bike in GA, they want the Police to fill out paperwork regarding the NHTSA label...... that it does not have! I mean like wtf am i gonna do now

Old 09-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #21

Quote:
I would say yes. It also has the same engine as the Hawk.

http://therps.net/Magician.html

Old 09-21-2016, 09:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Sorry I missed your sprocket question, I have been working a lot right now, I have problems registering this bike in GA, they want the Police to fill out paperwork regarding the NHTSA label...... that it does not have! I mean like wtf am i gonna do now
That sucks. I'm in GA too. WTF? We are usually easy with this type of shit.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:53 AM   #23

Quote:
I got the answer on the rear, so don't worry about it as it sounds like you have enough to deal with.

I am guessing that with dealers in your area selling these, you might not have as tough a time getting yours registered.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 09-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #24

Hey guys, just giving an update/looking for some advice.

So being a complete novice, the bike setup was actually a little rough haha. I got the bike all together, but the front break had absolutely no pressure. Learned how to bleed the brakes and after a while I got it worked out. I am just waiting on the MCO and bill of sale; everything is in place except for one problem. My headlight only works on high-beam. The bike has an indicator for when the headlight is on high or low beam, and the low beam indicator also does not come on, so I do not think it is the bulb. I figure it must be something with the wiring, but I'm not sure what would cause the high beam to work, but not the low beam. If anyone can give me any ideas on how I could fix this, I would really appreciate it!

Old 09-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #25

Just trace the headlight wiring. Unplug every connector. Look inside each connector for bent wiring pins. Remove the bulb and make sure it is seated properly. Don't be intimidated by all the wires. For the most part they will all match up color for color and plug to plug. I would also take this time to put some dielectric grease in the wiring connections. Jiggle the headlight switch around to see if its a possible bad switch, China bikes are notorious for bad/weak switches. Don't assume the bulb is not burnt out because it is new. Definitely check the bulb.

Do you own a 12v circuit tester and a multi meter? Easy to learn how to use YouTube videos. Should be in every China bike owners tool box.

http://www.harborfreight.com/612v-ci...ead-61652.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-Funct...ter-69096.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/85-gram...dge-93744.html

/

Old 09-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Just trace the headlight wiring. Unplug every connector. Look inside each connector for bent wiring pins. Remove the bulb and make sure it is seated properly. Don't be intimidated by all the wires. For the most part they will all match up color for color and plug to plug. I would also take this time to put some dielectric grease in the wiring connections. Jiggle the headlight switch around to see if its a possible bad switch, China bikes are notorious for bad/weak switches. Don't assume the bulb is not burnt out because it is new. Definitely check the bulb.

Do you own a 12v circuit tester and a multi meter? Easy to learn how to use YouTube videos. Should be in every China bike owners tool box.

http://www.harborfreight.com/612v-ci...ead-61652.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-Funct...ter-69096.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/85-gram...dge-93744.html

/
Thanks for the information. I will give it a crack when the weather clears up, thanks again!

Old 09-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #27

So today I finally changed the oil and got gas to run it for the first time. It was spinning but didn't turn over. I kept trying, but it just would not turn. Now it seems like the battery is dead because it won't even spin. I made sure that all the little things were right; had it in neutral, clutch in, kill switch off, fuel on, but it still would not turn. Now it won't spin even, so that must mean the battery is dead now right? Looks like I will need to buy a trickle charger and charge it. Any ideas on why the bike would not start?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #28

Also I noticed that gas was coming out of a tube from the carburetor. It wasn't flowing, but it was dripping at a pretty steady rate when I had the fuel valve on. I looked it up and believe this is the overflow tube, but is this normal?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #29

Quote:
So today I finally changed the oil and got gas to run it for the first time. It was spinning but didn't turn over. I kept trying, but it just would not turn. Now it seems like the battery is dead because it won't even spin. I made sure that all the little things were right; had it in neutral, clutch in, kill switch off, fuel on, but it still would not turn. Now it won't spin even, so that must mean the battery is dead now right? Looks like I will need to buy a trickle charger and charge it. Any ideas on why the bike would not start?
Ya you need to charge it now. Look at the spark plug and see if its wet. If it is you have a fouled plug and you'll have to clean it. If the plug is dry you could have a clogged jet or stuck float? You might check for spark. Pull the plug and set it on the head and turn over the engine looking for a healthy spark. If you have no spark or a weak spark check the coil. Post back here what happens.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Also I noticed that gas was coming out of a tube from the carburetor. It wasn't flowing, but it was dripping at a pretty steady rate when I had the fuel valve on. I looked it up and believe this is the overflow tube, but is this normal?
You might have a stuck float. Tap the side of your carb body with a wrench. Some times that will fix the problem.