Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
To answer your carb question, I've bought several of these: Carburetor Carb ATV Dirt Bike Quad Honda MIKUNI 30mm They're good quality, cheap, jets are easy to find, cheap, they're well made and they're cheap.
Wow, that Mikuni looks just like the PZ30 on my Skyteam. I thought it was a Keihin clone...

The only difference I see is that my PZ30 has an acceleration pump.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #32

The PZ30 is a Keihin clone, and the Mikuni is very similar. The Keihin usually has three float bowl screws (vs. four on the Mikuni), the slow jet numbering system is different and the Keihin has one vertical guide for the slider (vs. two on the Mikuni).

The accelerator pump is a rarity among China bikes in North America, AFAIK. I had a 1981 Honda XL250S with a Keihin accelerator pump carb, and it was terrific! It usually started on the first kick.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #33

Ya know some people might want to get a bike that does 150mph but when are you ever gomna go that fast? max speed limit here is 55mph and the bike bike does that so I'm happy. And I can take it on back roads that are gravel and trail ride so also a plus.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #34

Oh and thanks for the reminder weldengrind! I'm waiting to get the carb so I can take the jets out and go to the yamaha shop and have him match it up and get the right ones. I'm going to start with a 110main and 25 slow.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #35

Doc will tell you why you shouldn't ride at max speed, and you should stay off of the Interstate. A girl on a cell rear-ended him nearly two years ago, and he lacked the speed on a 200 to accelerate away from danger.

Secondary highways are fine, but be ready to hit the ditch at all times. 8O It's nothing like a sport bike.

As a frame of reference, Son of Weldangrind has a 230 Hondoid with a free-flowing muffler. We found that a 115 main and a 30 slow is a good setup for that engine, so the 110 main and 25 slow will be a good start for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #36

Got the new carb in yesterday but didnt have time to go get jets bcuz my work week started today. But I will stop monday to pick some up and get the bike running!

Old 03-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #37

You're lucky; all of the bike shops in my area are closed on Mondays. It's like a conspiracy.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #38

I haven't checked yet they very well might be closed... I hope they are open! It's been so nice out here and I'm getting the itch to go out and ride!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #39

Recieved my mikuni carb yesterday and started by using the 100main jet and 20 pilot jet. The bike ran amazing at top emd and had great throttle response but a high idle. The idle screw on the side would not change the idle at all. Where should I go from here?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #40

Throttle cable may be too tight to allow slide to drop onto idle screw.

Air leak can cause 'hanging idle'.

Carb may need exorcism.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #41

I.ll call the exorcist lol. Ya I'm gonna check the throttle cable I made sure it was seated right and fit down but an extra check will do!