Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #1

Hello

Hello from wi,
New to the forum so figured I should share a little bout myself. I purchased my first chinese bike last fall. The bike ran ok and was pretty beat up so I've been spending my time fixing it up. It's a hibird gy200 btw. Found this forum and have used ot quit a bit to help me out on fixing it up.now the only problem I'm having is getting the bike to run decent. It started with a bad idle and bad throttle response. Now I got the idle down. The bike will bog down if you twist the throttle fast in higher gears. Help![/img]

Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #2

Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #3

Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum.

Is the jetting and the pipe stock? Have you checked the plug and valve clearances?

What you describe may be normal for a non CV carb. Rapid opening of the throttle can momentarily excessively lean the mixture due to too much airflow and the reduced vacuum causes not enough fuel to be metered briefly.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #5

The jetting is stock as far as I kbow haven't really messed with that yet , but I got a fmf powercore2 on the bike. To get the right idle I adjusted the fuel mixture screw. The plug when u checked it after putting in a new one and ran briwfly was black. To me it seems I'm running way to rich

Old 03-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #6

Other's will chime in but if you have stock jetting and a Powercore you are too lean. This would correlate with the symptoms you describe.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the help! I'll look into the carb and possibly post a pic of the Plug!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #8

Welcome!

If you install a free flowing muffler like an FMF, you need to re-jet to compensate. I'd suggest that a 200cc engine would need a 110 main and a 25 slow (if it's a Mikuni) to run properly.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #9

thank you! Love the info and h help here!
Ok cool I'm not sure what kind of carb it is I'm actually gonna take apart and check the carb now. But do o have out right that if the spark plug is black after a short ride and it started new it's running rich or am I backwards?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #10

I don't know you well enough yet to know if you're backwards, but a black plug means a rich mixture.

As a quick identifier, if the bowl has three screws, it's a Keihin clone; four screws means Mikuni.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #11

Just took apart the carb, its a pz 30. Im not sure what brand it is. The stock main jet was 108 and the slow jet was 38.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #12

A PZ30 is a 30mm Keihin clone. I don't understand the Keihin sizing, but my guess would be that a 42 slow jet and a 110 main would do the trick. The problem I've encountered has been finding replacement slow jets for the Keihin clones.

Enter the 30mm Mikuni. You can get one for $40 including shipping, and jets are easily found at your local Yamaha dealer.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #13

Haha yup confirmed 3 screws on the bottom

Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #14

Now I've read on here a post from spudrider that they cam be purchased from a local honda shop so maybe tomorrow I'll give it a try and get a new jet. Thanks for the he lp! I'll keep ya posted!

Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdova
Now I've read on here a post from spudrider that they cam be purchased from a local honda shop so maybe tomorrow I'll give it a try and get a new jet. Thanks for the he lp! I'll keep ya posted!
Welcome; we are glad you joined us! I can't say for sure if the local Honda shop will have the particular Keihin jets you desire. However, I certainly encourage you to take your jets to the shop, and see if they can match them. If the local Honda shop doesn't carry your jets, perhaps another shop will.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894