Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #1

last weekend with the boy

we spent this weekend with my 11 yr old son as he will be moving to Whitehorse, Yukon.

picked him up Friday and set out sat morn for ......you guessed it....Stave lake mud flats (he saw our pics on FB and commented that he wished he was there)

at the flats and unloaded

he was happy that he gets to ride kellys old 150 (thanks W&G for the exhaust gasket) and go out in the mud with us

big rock outcrop right in the middle of the middle flats

apparently some idiot thought that if your trailer catches fire it is ok to just leave it there to burn and go home.

we head into an area that both of us know that the ruts are not to be taken lightly as some monster trucks get stuck in these ......but

and as you see the boy didn't get it when Kelly got stuck in it.

so have lunch and then go on another burn around the edge of the lake (lots of slick muck 2-3" thick to play on and lots of puddle with unknown depth o_0

both Kelly and I test the depth by starting at the end or edge but the boy for some unknown reason heads straight into the middle at damn near full throttle and comes to a grinding halt.

guess who had to go rescue him (winch not hooked up at the time lol)

at least I am smiling

and yes my feet got wet as it was up to my knees around the atv as he was stuck on top of a mound

was a great day and managed to beat the feet before it started to poor out